Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2020, 11:42 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post

Saw this the other day.

Yeah I was going to post that in a bit.

As far as the hospital video from Brookdale, waiting on someone to send one to me. As soon as I get it I'll post it.

Old 04-05-2020, 11:46 PM
EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GY...kJlbbwb2L-sxcs

Old 04-05-2020, 11:51 PM

386 posts, read 262,185 times
If someone dies of CV19 and also has pnemonia (which is classified as a complication) what category do you think is getting the count? The CDC does not double count deaths -- whatever the hospital determines the COD is what gets reported.

Keep in mind the numbers have also decline because people are sheltered in place, not working and not spreading it. You would 100% expect a decline in numbers.

Old 04-05-2020, 11:59 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
If someone dies of CV19 and also has pnemonia (which is classified as a complication) what category do you think is getting the count? The CDC does not double count deaths -- whatever the hospital determines the COD is what gets reported.

Keep in mind the numbers have also decline because people are sheltered in place, not working and not spreading it. You would 100% expect a decline in numbers.

LMAO. Go drive around and tell me people are sheltering in place.
People are absolutely not sheltering in place.
There's more people out and about right now than I've ever seen in my life. It's like a damn holiday every day.
I have friends all over the country and they're all complaining and posting pics of people just jam packed everywhere. Bunches of articles about it as well.
Judging by the amount of people out and about, this "virus" will kill 10s of millions because everyone is out and about. No one knows how to use gloves or a mask. Most of the masks don't even work like people think.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:07 AM

386 posts, read 262,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
LMAO. Go drive around and tell me people are sheltering in place.
People are absolutely not sheltering in place.
There's more people out and about right now than I've ever seen in my life. It's like a damn holiday every day.
I have friends all over the country and they're all complaining and posting pics of people just jam packed everywhere. Bunches of articles about it as well.
Judging by the amount of people out and about, this "virus" will kill 10s of millions because everyone is out and about. No one knows how to use gloves or a mask. Most of the masks don't even work like people think.
So the strip is packed like it always is, right?
So all of the bars and restaurants are packed like they always are, right?
So all of the department and other various retail shops are packed like they always are, right?
What about the hundreds of schools, offices, etc. that are closed? Fully staffed and populated, right?

It's easy to say a lot of people are out when you see concentrated people in the few places that are open. This is like your empty hospital nonsense. You realize that these hospitals are not allowed to have vistors, right? The hospitals are running skeleton crews to boot to minimize exposure to their personnel.

Wanna circle back to Sandy Hook being a hoax too?

Old 04-06-2020, 12:12 AM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
So the strip is packed like it always is, right?
So all of the bars and restaurants are packed like they always are, right?
So all of the department and other various retail shops are packed like they always are, right?
What about the hundreds of schools, offices, etc. that are closed? Fully staffed and populated, right?

It's easy to say a lot of people are out when you see concentrated people in the few places that are open. This is like your empty hospital nonsense. You realize that these hospitals are not allowed to have vistors, right? The hospitals are running skeleton crews to boot to minimize exposure to their personnel.

Wanna circle back to Sandy Hook being a hoax too?

Strip isn't packed because there's barriers at every entrance and police running anyone off.
The REST of las vegas is jam packed.
Atlanta is jam packed.
All of the beaches are jam packed. There's more traffic by my house right now than there's ever been.
Every parking lot is full. Grocery stores are full. Gas stations are full.
Hell, ridenow powersports boulder was jam packed on Thursday and Friday afternoon. Parks are jam packed. I went all over Boulder city yesterday. I wanted to get the kids out of the house. EVERY park I tried was packed. In Boulder city where no one ever is.

Nice fallacy, but Sandy Hook has nothing to do with this. Sandy hook could be legit or a hoax and have zero impact on what's going on now. They're unrelated events.

THIS event is bull$#!+ that's blown way out of proportion.

I don't know if this is Brookdale or not, but it's a Brooklyn hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gkd...OYVcjfhQFQKrbk

Old 04-06-2020, 01:12 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Somehow I just don't see "lifting measures taken" anytime before they know they have herd immunity.

Depending which experts you read, it seems we need at least 40% to 70% of the population to be survivors with antibodies and immunity. Lifting the social isolation prior to that, it seems to me, is inviting a new surge in cases.
I read in NYC they're trying to get antibody tests from Germany. They propose people who survived can wear wrist bands and go back to work. Wuhan just reopened after several months of total lockdown. They say that 80% herd immunity plus a vaccine, which will take 18 months on the fast track, is when we will start getting back to normal, but the President doesn't want to wait that long. He was talking about reopening the country by Easter in mid April and then extended it till the end of the month because it would be before we peak. Doctors say ideally we should be shut down until mid June. Again, I don't think they'll wait to extend it that long here. The top doctor, Anthony Fauci, said likely reoccurrences will be in waves over the next 18 months and we may need to shutdown more than once. That it will become seasonal unless we can get it under control globally. The 1918 Spanish Flu came in three waves with the second wave being the most deadliest.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:47 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
My husband did residency at UMC. He has colleagues there and residents still rotate at the VA. I trust what he says.

It looks like it's UNR developed test kits, so coming from up north and not local. They make about 1,000 a week.

SNHD expected to receive more COVID-19 test kits this week
My nextdoor neighbor is an on-call surgeon who works all over the valley. He hasn't really left his house since the lockdown started. In fact, he's been out in the garage working on his car. Also, he doesn't think Covid-19 is as serious as is alleged and doesn't think N95 masks will keep you from getting it, either.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Right, so we put everyone through 18 months of economic hell that may continue indefinitely for a peak in ER cases that should be done by the end of the month. Makes perfect sense to me! /sarc

Old 04-06-2020, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Just a little light reading. In Ecuador, the government has had a lock-down in place, but people seemed not to take it seriously. Here's the condition as of a couple days ago in Ecuador's largest city (about 3.1 million people in the metro area).

There are two links below, and they point to the same article. The first link might be behind a paywall. The second link should work if the first does not.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...ty-11585921886

or

https://emailshare.cmail20.com/t/n/d...1dbc0-l-d-r-l/
It's true. The families are cremating bodies in the street due to lack of services.

However, an important bullet point here is that most homes do not have HVAC. Windows and doors are also open the majority of the time. Roofs may not be sealed to the house.

Dead bodies will begin to decompose rapidly under such conditions.

The hospital system in Ecuador is not nearly as developed as the one in the US. They also, like most LATAM countries have a semi-socialized healthcare system.

Why they cannot bring in refrigerator trucks to handle excess bodies is beyond me. They definitely have them.

If anything, this speaks more to me about the failures of socialized healthcare than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas