Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:37 AM

5 posts, read 21,567 times

Advertisements

Pinnale Village is just gated, no guard. I live in SCA also. and LOVE IT TOO. Judy, if you want to post a message to any SCA resident go to www.anthemtoday.com it is another forum designed for anthem residents and you can post there once you register. I hope it is allowed for me to post that link here.

I am in total agreement with everything Serviceman has said other than no trashed areas of Henderson. Sorry, I have lived in this valley most of my life and I guess he has not come down of of our beautiful SCA hill enough and drifted in the "wrong" direction. but that's O.K. Up here on our Sun City hill top, Henderson IS the most wonderul place to live. Judy Jamison922, come on down LOL

Old 05-02-2008, 05:56 PM

4 posts, read 20,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
sca-serviceman, are you sure there are no depressed areas of Henderson? Apparently you haven't left Sun City Anthem...
Right--I am probably guilty as charged. I think I have been over most of Henderson, and have not seen any areas that I would consider truly "depressed" but I can not claim to have been everywhere.

I am so happy with living in Sun City Anthem that I probably see most things through rose-colored glasses. Whatever the case, any problem areas in Henderson are probably so contained that perhaps the topic is not worth a lot of debate?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:42 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,039,173 times
Age 55+ apartment communities are another option.
Destinations
Carefree
Related article . . Las Vegas senior complexes sold

Old 05-06-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
...will be arriving next weekend to thoroughly learn the area. If either one of you can direct message me, you could really be helpful with a few more questions I have. I, of course have no way of contacting you and I would leave my email address here for you but I do not think that is allowed on this city forum. I have also been wondering if there is some way I can leave a notice to current SCA residents letting them know I am a perspective buyer? Judy
I do not use DM, but tried to email you. However, you had probably already started your travel. How did it go? Any more questions?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Wink Feedback on trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sca-serviceman View Post
I do not use DM, but tried to email you. However, you had probably already started your travel. How did it go? Any more questions?
For jjameson922: Anything you would like to report on from your trip to LV?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sca-serviceman View Post
Right--I am probably guilty as charged. I think I have been over most of Henderson, and have not seen any areas that I would consider truly "depressed" but I can not claim to have been everywhere.

I am so happy with living in Sun City Anthem that I probably see most things through rose-colored glasses. Whatever the case, any problem areas in Henderson are probably so contained that perhaps the topic is not worth a lot of debate?
I'm with you Sca......I have been all over Hooterville and with the exception of SOME of the mobile home parks/trailer camps....even the OLD areas of Henderson I would not consider depressed....houses are old....most people have lived there for just over 1 million years....some are rented out cause they "moved on up" but theres not an area of Henderson [unless the houses were on wheels or the ground sprayed with agent orange] that I would be afraid to live in.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 AM

4 posts, read 10,743 times
Exclamation The Board of Directors and your Future

From what I read on this thread, I see little evidence that any one has taken the time to investigate the problems that you CAN get into. As all most every one knows, there are few communities that the average person can buy into that is not governed by a board of directors. If you have taken the time to investigate, you may find that who is on the board of directors is a BIG, BIG factor in your future life style.

Unfortunately at Sun City Anthem, there seems to be a political ping pong game going on that impacts the residents. For example there is an ongoing battle that has the majority of the board members pitted against a lone member who believes that secrecy is not the way to run a home owner association.

One stunning example is the loss of 1.375 million dollars from the reserve funds, that was accomplished by a "handshake" agreement between the developer and the association. Things like this can greatly impact your annual fees as you can imagine. Another big factor is the ongoing battle concerning construction defects in the home that you may be considering.

So --- bottom line. If you want to live the retirement dream with the knowledge that your interests are being considered by your board of directors, Investigate - Investigate - Investigate. You may be glad you did.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
In general the HOAs are reasonably well run. The one in Sun City Summerlin has had a years long discussion between the Board Members and the "Loyal Opposition". In general that community supports the Board. On balance it is well governed.

Construction defects are always a problem. The HOA may or may not take a leading role in dealing with them. The KITEK disputes are hot at the moment but deal with a class much larger than the Sun Cities.

Read the documents you get when purchasing such a place. I do not think however that investigating the HOA is very practical unless you have much time and talent. Much of the documentation is available only to homeowners...so you have to buy to investigate.

And many of the interesting suits may not involve the HOA...

Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Sorry to drag up an old topic, gang. Since it looks like I'm going to be screwed, blued, and tattooed (I can live with the last one. ) on my Workers Comp settlement. Instead of getting around $60k, it looks like I'm only going to be getting $25k. I guess that buying a house is going to be out of the question. I've been looking at mobile homes that I can buy outright. So far, everything that I'm seeing is in the 89121 and 89122 area. According to my sister who lives in a gated apartment in the area, it's not really safe area to live in. I'm looking for something that's a 2+ (preferably 3) bedroom, where I can have my three Iggies. I'm 43, so that probably rules out the senior communities, even though I'm single, with no kids. I'd prefer to be more centrally located than I am right now, something that's not too far from North Rancho and Mesquite. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW, what are the utilities like on a double wide?

Old 01-29-2009, 12:02 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
89121 is pretty safe, depending on where in the zip code, i would imagine the mobile home parks to be way less safe though and apartment complexes, but the housing developments, which i know your not looking for, are mainly safe...

isn't their a couple parks on Rancho? i'm not sure about the area but i think there are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas