Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 01:36 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,195 times

Advertisements

One of my friends has it now, has been sick for 3 weeks so far. Not having to go to the hospital, but says the shortness of breath can be scary. They are experiencing extreme fatigue and lots of body aches primarily. Sleeping 12+ hours per day. In strict quarantine so having to have someone pickup their mail, all groceries delivered, etc. Told me one day is better one day is worse. Not sure how long it's going to last. I talked to them yesterday and it didn't seem like they were on the tail end yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
from what has been said, wearing mask is to prevent you from spreading germs to someone else, especially your mom/dad/grandparents or anyone else more susceptible to getting severe symptoms. I can handle a cold/flu/mild covid symptons for a couple of weeks at home, but getting sent to the hospital is a whole other scary situation.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:48 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
Jo Jorgenson has my vote even if I have to write it in.
Biden and Trump are garbage.

Also, the rate is absolutely a result of testing.

Eventually it will come out that everyone has the virus and tge death rate is so insignificant that our actions are deemed economic terrorism.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:57 PM

223 posts, read 156,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post

Eventually it will come out that everyone has the virus and tge death rate is so insignificant that our actions are deemed economic terrorism.
Sorry, your wrong - the % of positive tests has been increasing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp

Old 06-19-2020, 02:40 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,647,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
One of my friends has it now, has been sick for 3 weeks so far. Not having to go to the hospital, but says the shortness of breath can be scary. They are experiencing extreme fatigue and lots of body aches primarily. Sleeping 12+ hours per day. In strict quarantine so having to have someone pickup their mail, all groceries delivered, etc. Told me one day is better one day is worse. Not sure how long it's going to last. I talked to them yesterday and it didn't seem like they were on the tail end yet.
Yikes. Is your friend in Las Vegas?

Old 06-19-2020, 04:35 PM

779 posts, read 471,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post

"Absolutely the result of testing."

Well, you seem smart. Yes, that is part of it. But recall that recently, the percent of positive is quickly on on the uptick. And, also, remember the positive rate was skewed for much of the pandemic as the only people who could get a test were if you jumped thru 18 hoops. So the data has never been great. As noted, the hospitalization will be the only true marker that *might* be indicative of what is happening. I say might because I can see that number being manipulated by someone at some point.

So, moral of the story, the rate isn't absolutely the result of testing.

Old 06-19-2020, 04:52 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,998 times
Quote:
I would say yes, he would do much better. At least he would encourage everyone to wear a mask
Did you see the press conference where he wore a mask ... looped over one ear like an earring with his face completely uncovered?

Old 06-19-2020, 04:55 PM

779 posts, read 471,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Did you see the press conference where he wore a mask ... looped over one ear like an earring with his face completely uncovered?
Are you talking about Trump?

Oh wait, never mind..

Old 06-19-2020, 04:59 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
Are you talking about Trump?

Oh wait, never mind..
Look for it and you will find it.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:17 PM

848 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Cobb View Post
It’s really simple. If everyone wore a mask, infection rates would cause the virus to fall below an R0 less than one. Unfortunately there are people who can’t be bothered for a simple courtesy like that. Our president has made a mask a political statement. We reap what we sow.

I have provided links to several articles which assert the opposite of what you are saying. Sweden has an R rate below 1 without lockdowns and masks. Please provide links to scientific research, not models, which definitively prove the efficacy of masks at reducing the transmission of this virus.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:23 PM

848 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
Which is obviously good. Across the country, the lethality of CV19 seems to be decreasing, but when it hits its full stride here, we will be seeing an increase of deaths unless we get a quick handle on the numbers of infections.
How do you know this with certainty? Given that you point out the lethality of COVID-19 appears to be waning along with the fact that the median age of people being tested is significantly lower than it was several months ago, it would be reasonable to assume that death rates would not increase. In fact, as was pointed out above, the death rate has not increased but has dropped significantly per the SNHD data.

Instead of wasting time on mask policy and enforcement, why doesn't Governor Sisolak and his medical dream team invest time and money on randomized antibody testing if they really want to know the extent of COVID-19 in Nevada and the true IFR so they make intelligent policy decisions instead of ones which given people an illusion of protection from the virus? For example, Wake Forest University in North Carolina just finished an antibody study and determined the IFR was around 0.1% there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas