Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 06:19 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Sisolak is threatening to shut things down again/dial back is that what people want? If so, I hope the pushback over wearing a mask and social distancing is worth it.
Nevada came in with the highest R0 of all the states, at 1.61. BUT, a lot of individual counties in other states are higher. So a bad overall trend, but like real estate, location, location, location.

We have choices, and it is based upon the actions of the residents of NV. Social distance, wear masks, essential business only, don't touch your face, wash your hands, do not freakin' gather in groups...

If the state closes, it's on us.

I'm back to shopping in larger quantities to reduce the number of trips. Once a month Costco and TJs, once a month Walmart.

Okay, maybe the garden center in Carson, I REALLY like them...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-29-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Sisolak is threatening to shut things down again/dial back is that what people want? If so, I hope the pushback over wearing a mask and social distancing is worth it.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:29 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
FWIW: The Governor of AZ just issued another exec order to close bars, gyms and theaters - again - this time for another month and to delay the start of the school year. We're going backwards in AZ.

Horse gone. Close gate.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:32 PM

395 posts, read 272,789 times
When are Clark County schools scheduled to reopen now?

Old 06-29-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
FWIW: The Governor of AZ just issued another exec order to close bars, gyms and theaters - again - this time for another month and to delay the start of the school year. We're going backwards in AZ.

Horse gone. Close gate.

CA is considering the same. I'm sure other states will follow. This thing has already fallen off the cliff. Unfortunately.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:40 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Nevada came in with the highest R0 of all the states, at 1.61. BUT, a lot of individual counties in other states are higher. So a bad overall trend, but like real estate, location, location, location.

We have choices, and it is based upon the actions of the residents of NV. Social distance, wear masks, essential business only, don't touch your face, wash your hands, do not freakin' gather in groups...

If the state closes, it's on us.

I'm back to shopping in larger quantities to reduce the number of trips. Once a month Costco and TJs, once a month Walmart.

Okay, maybe the garden center in Carson, I REALLY like them...

I've kept up the online grocery shopping w/store pick up. They load up my truck and away I go I love it. I do think I'm going to try & stock up on some things again.

Sort of worried about going into non food stores and seeing rows of empty shelves. Used to get cheap play clothes for my kid at Target- they hardly have anything and the prices are up a lot. Went to Big Lots because I was bored- tons of empty shelves. Is it true also that you cant try on clothes in stores?

Old 06-29-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
CA is considering the same. I'm sure other states will follow. This thing has already fallen off the cliff. Unfortunately.
Yep They'll probably be on the way over here to super spread the rona.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I've kept up the online grocery shopping w/store pick up. They load up my truck and away I go I love it. I do think I'm going to try & stock up on some things again.

Sort of worried about going into non food stores and seeing rows of empty shelves. Used to get cheap play clothes for my kid at Target- they hardly have anything and the prices are up a lot. Went to Big Lots because I was bored- tons of empty shelves. Is it true also that you cant try on clothes in stores?
I don't know. My first world whine fest? No new summer clothes. I have more than enough but I miss shopping. I just don't do it because it is not a necessity, and clothes are the one thing I absolutely hate buying on line.

All our kids are grown, so new clothes are not a necessity.

We are back to stock piling essentials.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:55 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,888,213 times
Quote:

Most stores don't have dressing rooms open now, they are just being lenient in returns so you try it on at home. The empty shelves thing is a very real, yet hardly reported on story. Supply chains are broken and the attempts at tariffs and a trade war with China is causing issues, but the media is still fixated on the virus. Some media outlets probably would report the story with the angle of saying shame on you for going out shopping.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I don't know. My first world whine fest? No new summer clothes. I have more than enough but I miss shopping. I just don't do it because it is not a necessity, and clothes are the one thing I absolutely hate buying on line.

All our kids are grown, so new clothes are not a necessity.

We are back to stock piling essentials.

Right? See I used to like shopping online, but its been so long I want & need to try stuff on first. Not only am I hearing you cant try things on you cant return either. I'm going to call Macy's Tomorrow to see if that's the case.

I accidentally forgot to remove contact solution from my Smiths order. Told the person when I picked it up Im going to go in to return it they said no you buy it its your no return of any kind due to Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas