Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 08:15 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times

Advertisements

Glad it all worked out! I was very afraid it was going to be a house of horrors with dead bug carcasses everywhere!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 12:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Also sorry my spouse and I could not help. We were going to be forward scouts for your opening. However my darn medical stuff shut us down for a while and we could not figure a way to do it.

I would also attribute the good results to the Rolladens or what ever. Lots of the part time residents of Sun City Summerlin have them so they can vault up their house when they are not there. Generally gets good reviews.

The only thing I would do is make sure I could turn off the house water. I have seen one house mostly wreaked by a small water leak that went on for a couple of months.

I would leave the electric on with the A/C and heat as appropriate. Some of the newer thermostats can manage both. One might also consider keeping a live internet so you can monitor what you wish remotely.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:50 PM

263 posts, read 603,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I was living there while you were gone and I dusted every week, sprayed for bugs, etc. :-)

You did a nice job!

Old 09-03-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
If you wish I will take an educated look. May also recruit Movin1 to join in. Might be fun. Between us I would bet a few dollars that we can pin down the problem.
I would love for you to try. I have been spending the last 2 days throwing everything out. All liquid products in kitchen and bathrooms. Should be ready Monday if you want to come by.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Often times it's something trivial that can be found by just tinkering around a while. No harm in trying.

If you can see the switch try to get an SKU or barcode number off of it and google that, you might get a new switch on-line for a fraction of what the dealer wants. It can't be that hard to change out a switch, probably a simple screwdriver repair.

A lot of such piece parts are standard parts used by many firms and are generically available; I doubt your shutter maker has something so unusual that only they can supply one. For example, Sears sold probably a dozen sizes and varieties of chainsaws but Sears had ZERO factories producing them, they had someone else's factory make them and put Sears' name on them, same for hundreds of thousands of hardware, clothing and food products. Often times the repair parts for a Sears' item was the same as the repair parts for brand name items.
I bought then from Nevada Rolling Shutters. I didn't hardwire the upstairs shutters because it was $1,800 less to have them on batteries. Big mistake! If anyone is considering buying these, do not do what I did....just pay the extra $. I definitely need an electrician to figure it out

Old 09-03-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Glad it all worked out! I was very afraid it was going to be a house of horrors with dead bug carcasses everywhere!!
You and me both. I watch too many YouTube videos about this, really had my mind messed up. And some of the members here didn't help

Old 09-05-2021, 07:12 PM

140 posts, read 277,710 times
Best thread ever, thanks everyone for the laughs. I'm glad it turned out so well, Hotpad! Good luck with the rolling shutter.

Old 09-07-2021, 03:20 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpa2d2 View Post
Yes, the voice of reason! But that wouldn't have been fun
I'm not very popular at parties

Old 09-07-2021, 04:13 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I was living there while you were gone and I dusted every week, sprayed for bugs, etc. :-)
Rather depressing with all the shutters down, eh?

Old 09-09-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Also sorry my spouse and I could not help. We were going to be forward scouts for your opening. However my darn medical stuff shut us down for a while and we could not figure a way to do it.
Thank you Jim for coming over. Just wanted to let you know your recommendation for an electrician was great. He gave me a recommendation for A/C repair guy who got my system running after Sun Country said they couldn't! Will let you know what I decide about the townhouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: