Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:36 PM

571 posts, read 1,932,618 times

Advertisements

Areas with newer homes (past 10 years or so), reasonably safe (we're in our 20s and coming from L.A. so it doesn't have to be complete bland & boring safe), and preferably with some hispanic neighbors (my husband is hispanic) .. I would say under 300k but I think it can be done for way under that from what I've seen ..

Also does anyone know if they are still doing that 2-for-1 deal from Corazon homes I think it was .. for most people that would be a stupid deal but we have some extended family to keep in mind and that could actually be an amazing thing for us .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 05:55 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
The new North Las Vegas, the northwest, the southwest, the southeast, parts of the northeast. Pretty much any neighborhood around the outskirts of the valley is where the newer construction is at.. There aren't really any neighborhoods that don't have a mix of ethnicities, aside from some of the upper end stuff. Likewise you are not going to see a majority Hispanic neighborhood for the most part, unless you look at a lower income area or an older part of the valley. We are a pretty diverse bunch out here though. If you want to be a little closer to the action, for lack of a better word, look to the southwest portion of the valley.

Corazon Homes is not doing the 2 for 1 special and from what I've read it was more of a publicity stunt or promotion than an actual offer. I read a couple of blogs while searching for said offer, and it seems that a few people that were interested and tried to contact the builder did not hear back. Of course this is based on very limited information so I cannot say for sure, but I do know that they are no longer advertising it. Their latest promotion is selling a $400K+ home for just over $300K if you don't bring a Realtor with you. Of course the home is realistically only worth $300K anyway (2100 sq ft, the days of $200 a sq ft are well and gone), and you would need to sacrifice any representation you may want or need to get this "incentive" price.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:09 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,921,814 times
Some of North Las Vegas is nice, but if you have kids, I'd be wary of some of the schools up there.

The far northwest and the southwest should both be fine, as well as Henderson (they tend to be nice, affordable areas with good schools).

Old 06-24-2008, 06:19 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasksgirl View Post
Areas with newer homes (past 10 years or so), reasonably safe (we're in our 20s and coming from L.A. so it doesn't have to be complete bland & boring safe), and preferably with some hispanic neighbors (my husband is hispanic) .. I would say under 300k but I think it can be done for way under that from what I've seen ..

Also does anyone know if they are still doing that 2-for-1 deal from Corazon homes I think it was .. for most people that would be a stupid deal but we have some extended family to keep in mind and that could actually be an amazing thing for us .....
North Las Vegas...below Ann even below Craig. Southern Aliante. The monster homes there are more than half hispanic. And you can get one for $300K. If you are into the hispanic extended family it is ground zero. Reasonably well off...most homes have a pool. But the REPOs have some very nice buys. If you want two come further south. A little older but very nice.

I have got to get Espanol down. I really like Hispanic neighborhoods but I don't speak enough to do business there.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:40 PM

571 posts, read 1,932,618 times
I see some homes starting as low as 80k up to about 150k in the zip code 89156 .. they are very new, 2 story homes.. other than being "cookie-cutter" type homes and having a smaller lot is there a reason why these are so cheap? Is this neighborhood good?

Old 06-25-2008, 12:26 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
North Las Vegas...below Ann even below Craig. Southern Aliante. The monster homes there are more than half hispanic. And you can get one for $300K. If you are into the hispanic extended family it is ground zero. Reasonably well off...most homes have a pool. But the REPOs have some very nice buys. If you want two come further south. A little older but very nice.

I have got to get Espanol down. I really like Hispanic neighborhoods but I don't speak enough to do business there.
OK, first lesson. It's Español. Es pan yol. Press alt and 164 at the same time for the ñ.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasksgirl View Post
I see some homes starting as low as 80k up to about 150k in the zip code 89156 .. they are very new, 2 story homes.. other than being "cookie-cutter" type homes and having a smaller lot is there a reason why these are so cheap? Is this neighborhood good?
89156 would probably be on a par with east LA, but not as old. $85 to $150k would be a dump. You don't want to invest your hard earned money anywhere in the east side of Las Vegas, or North Las Vegas. Even neighborhoods that are new now will be rundown in 10 years or so. The established neighborhoods over there have all ready been turned into ghettos. Just forget all the other parts of town and move to Summerlin. If you find a good deal in Summerlin, which you should be able to do right now, it would be like buying there 20 years ago...still nice. And it will still be a good place to live 20 years from now. Not so with other parts of town that have no associations or regulations to keep the community nice.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:35 AM

30 posts, read 107,370 times
It does not really matter where you live in the Southwestern United States, you are always likely to have a hispanic neighbor close by. Not to worry.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:35 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Southern Aliante is below the 215. But north of Centennial Parkway. Not to confuse the person you are giving info to.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 AM

I will say that you are more likely to get to know your Hispanic neighbors than any others in Las Vegas. Most people in Las Vegas don't know anyone in their neighborhood. You usually don't even see the neighbors here, and if you do, they usually ignore you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas