Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:59 AM

395 posts, read 1,081,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Albertsons is a store I have stopped going to, same with Vons. The prices are just outrageous

I go to Wal-Mart (Supercenters) for box items and dairy supplies. Never for meat or produce. Even with the "upgrade" in the meat quality, I still don't care for it. I find the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Marts also mark up their prices from the regular Supercenters...

I usually go to Smith's, Costco, SunFlower Market, Fresh and Easy and Whole Foods along with the WM Supercenters...
I agree on Vons. It is amazing how much more their food is than WalMart or Smiths. Take a 1.75 (quart?) size of Breyers Ice Cream. At Vons it's $6.50, Smiths is $4.50, WalMart is $2.99 - even when it's on "special" at Vons at (say) buy one get one free, you are still paying more.

Vons does have the best prices on Red Bell Peppers though. Usually only $2/lb, which makes it about $1/pepper.

How is SunFlower Market? I see their ad with all the others now, but they are a bit far from my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 11:25 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
I like the SunFlower Market. It's like a really smaller Whole Foods but much cheaper. I buy pasta there, produce, nuts, candies. I bought a piece of steak there once, but I wasn't that enthralled with it, but everything else I buy from there I'm definately pleased with.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:18 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
we never go to Albertsons, because the one near our house is a disaster...the aisles are so small and we can never find anything...i mean wouldn't the ground beef be found in a case by the meat counter? nooo, its across the store, there is even one aisle that goes from frozen to refrigerated....plus there never is any parking at that store...this is the one at Maryland/Silverado Ranch...

Old 07-31-2008, 03:52 PM

395 posts, read 1,081,533 times
We visit the albertsons on Stephanie/HR if we are going to stop there on the bi-weekly shopping trip. It is the 2nd store we stop at so the coffee inside the store is perfect for a fill up on Saturday mornings

It is new and parking is abundant (at least early saturday morning).

Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 PM

230 posts, read 885,236 times
Is there a Sunflower Market in Henderson anywhere?

Old 07-31-2008, 07:13 PM

3 posts, read 27,413 times
Thx for all the great replies ... re Sunflower Market their only two LV locations are 3365 E. Tropicana Ave and 4020 S. Rainbow Blvd.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:57 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekwars2000 View Post
We visit the albertsons on Stephanie/HR if we are going to stop there on the bi-weekly shopping trip. It is the 2nd store we stop at so the coffee inside the store is perfect for a fill up on Saturday mornings

It is new and parking is abundant (at least early saturday morning).
that one is really not that new and that store is always empty...i hate that one because it is wayyyy too big for a grocery store and it is so ridiculous inside...again it has the same problem that plagues all Albertsons...no Albertsons is planned the same, they have a billion different prototypes all over town, so the one in your neighborhood makes you completely lost in another one...and they stopped carrying Tastykakes...i do like the starbucks section, it is a nice area of the store...

Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
They seriously need to build a Sunflower market in the northern valley. It's a pain to drive way across town to get to the closest one on Rainbow.
They are definitely the cheapest for produce besides Fresh & Easy.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM

3 posts, read 4,468 times
Cheapest stores are "cardenas" and "el super" you can find their ads if u google it... I always take those deals to walmart and price match to keep from running all iver the city.. Thise 2 stores have AMAZING deals on produce... Ex: this week watermelon is 7 lbs for .99 cents thats just insane!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:52 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
FWIW, back in the early nineties I lumped trucks all around Denver at grocery warehouses...Albertsons and Sysco were by far the filthiest warehouses I've ever seen! There's no reason to think that any of there other warehouses were any better...Shamrock foods was impeccable BTW...they had a roving floor cleaner making rounds constantly on the floor cleaning machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas