Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,866 times

Advertisements

I would also like to know of anyone who has purchased a home in the Inspirada area of Henderson. I am looking to buy in the under $250k limit and would like to stay in the Henderson area. Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
please do a search, there's at least 2 threads about this...

Old 01-21-2009, 08:24 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
I viewed some of the older threads...and they sound rather outdated. I'd be a bit curious about any recent updates for Inspirada. For one, are they still building? Seems like there is little discussion about this...and it seems, from a Henderson/Inspirada website, this is a MAJOR project that gives the sense of a major upheavel of change for the city.

Did the current state of the economy, put a halt to it?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I viewed some of the older threads...and they sound rather outdated. I'd be a bit curious about any recent updates for Inspirada. For one, are they still building? Seems like there is little discussion about this...and it seems, from a Henderson/Inspirada website, this is a MAJOR project that gives the sense of a major upheavel of change for the city.

Did the current state of the economy, put a halt to it?
There appear to be about 36 homes in private hands. Appears to be another 50 or so underway.

At the moment I would suggest to a client that they wait. There is every reason to suspect that one may crash. Got to be less than 5% done with lots of possiblities of staying that way for some years. KB appears to be proceeding but not much else.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:20 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There appear to be about 36 homes in private hands. Appears to be another 50 or so underway.

At the moment I would suggest to a client that they wait. There is every reason to suspect that one may crash. Got to be less than 5% done with lots of possiblities of staying that way for some years. KB appears to be proceeding but not much else.
Originally, looking at the Inspirada websites, they seemed to have MAJOR plans...I'd use the words 'revolutionary' plans...to make a rather large area of Henderson into this new urban design meca or proximity and parks and urban feel and everything else.

The idea that only 36 are in private hands, and about 50 are underway...alludes to the idea that is very very very small potatoes and a small fraction of the original vision intended.

If all of my impressions are wrong on their original intent, that that is one doozy of a marketing gimmick that their website sells!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
like I said in previous posts, things that are planned, don't always happen...When Seven Hills was building, there was supposed to be a shopping center on South Seven Hills Drive, between Palermo and Palermo West...the neighbors fought it and instead a park went there...It was stupid because Seven Hills could've had a shopping center to call its own, it would've been convenient for all the neighborhoods, but those 2 neighborhoods fought it and eventually, the shopping center just didn't get built...just like how it took years for the trails to finish, same things will probably happen with Mountains Edge, Providence, that one community next to Aliante (don't remember the name), and Inspirada...I'm sure most of the plans of Inspirada won't be built, those maps are not promises...Has Aliante been built exactly as it was planned? Green Valley Ranch touted the vacant lot at Desert Shadow Trail and Paseo Verde Parkway as a spot for a church, no church ever bought the land, so 10 years after it was supposed to be a church, a nursing home company bought the land and are now building a nursing home...

Old 01-22-2009, 02:03 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
like I said in previous posts, things that are planned, don't always happen...When Seven Hills was building, there was supposed to be a shopping center on South Seven Hills Drive, between Palermo and Palermo West...the neighbors fought it and instead a park went there...It was stupid because Seven Hills could've had a shopping center to call its own, it would've been convenient for all the neighborhoods, but those 2 neighborhoods fought it and eventually, the shopping center just didn't get built...just like how it took years for the trails to finish, same things will probably happen with Mountains Edge, Providence, that one community next to Aliante (don't remember the name), and Inspirada...I'm sure most of the plans of Inspirada won't be built, those maps are not promises...Has Aliante been built exactly as it was planned? Green Valley Ranch touted the vacant lot at Desert Shadow Trail and Paseo Verde Parkway as a spot for a church, no church ever bought the land, so 10 years after it was supposed to be a church, a nursing home company bought the land and are now building a nursing home...
Aliante was originally supposed to have 50,000 residents by build out. But they changed their plans and downgraded it to 20,000 residents. Which changed what they built..more homes instead of condo's/apts. Also, in many little neighborhoods within Aliante, they changed the landscaping and the way the houses look drastically compared with original plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas