Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 02:20 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times

Advertisements

You can also reach me on the video chat on Facebook. My e-mail address on it is phoqbby@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:24 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
This really isn't a Las Vegas kind of thing, but what do you guys think of this picture? I'm still learning Gimp and I want to put it onto a t-shirt. Is the text too much? Do you all think that the logo I made would suffice?

Last edited by aqualung8705; 01-01-2018 at 01:24 PM..

Old 01-05-2018, 07:11 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Interesting night. Sitting in the waiting room at the emergency room at Mountain View.
About to attempt a rescue of our friend who got here 22 hours ago and is still laying on an uncomfortable bed in a hallway.
Friend is an 80+ female who keeps getting sicker and sicker with nothing significant wrong.
Family is thinking about med evacuation to Stanford.Chartered jet and the whole bit.
If she and the family decide she has to go we are going to remove her. She is fully cogent so we should be able to pull it off. if

Old 01-05-2018, 08:03 PM

We got off light. Family representative showed up and is riding herd. Apparently the whole LV Hospital system is grinding to a halt tonight. There are no hospital beds available in the valley. Mountain View is turning away ambulances. I gather it is the flu suddenly having hit full force. The family is afraid to move our friend under the circumstances. She has been admitted even though they have not been able to find her a bed. If they pull her out there is no where in town where she could be readmitted. So she is going to guts it out at least until tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:45 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
^^^Yikes. Hope she is settled in her room and making improvement.

I hope they are turning away ONLY those who are suspect of the flu.

Hubs and I got it last month and upon immediate feel of illness, we took Tamliflu. Miracle cure. We keep a stash at home.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
^^^Yikes. Hope she is settled in her room and making improvement.

I hope they are turning away ONLY those who are suspect of the flu.

Hubs and I got it last month and upon immediate feel of illness, we took Tamliflu. Miracle cure. We keep a stash at home.
It all worked out. The Admiral penetrated the ER and apparently got their attention. The ER staff had incorrect information about our friend. They had only a couple of the milder symptoms as her reason for being there. The Admiral straightened that out and they got her into a bed fifteen minutes later. She was in fact the last person you would want hanging in a hall in a busy emergency room. I got ganged up on by the friend and the Admiral who did not want me sitting in that waiting room. I suspect that they are wrong and that the regular treatments I receive give me pretty good immunity to most of the contagions. But they both think I am fragile.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:00 PM

Default Darn - Start to another weird week I guess.

Admiral's Double plus first cousin flying in tonight from Phoenix. Fathers were brothers, Mothers were sisters...and the plus because the Moms were identical twins. And they grew up in the same small Canadian town where no one knew who belong to which family.

Just checked and the flight is going to get to Phoenix 5 minutes before they say it is going to land in LAS...something tells me that is not going to work out. So now the question is what to do? And to make it worse she is a Canadian and her cell phone does not work in the US. So sit around and wait?

EA you working tonight? Maybe work a deal?

Old 01-09-2018, 01:58 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Lol!

My mother asked me to help her with some genealogy once. She was putting the tree on drafting paper (24x36") and could not figure out how to draw part of it.

Turns out that brothers married sisters. Had kids. Divorced. Swapped partners. Married. Had more kids. They lived next door to each other.

Mom had a big knot drawn in the middle of the paper. We never did figure out how to draw it.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Lol!

My mother asked me to help her with some genealogy once. She was putting the tree on drafting paper (24x36") and could not figure out how to draw part of it.

Turns out that brothers married sisters. Had kids. Divorced. Swapped partners. Married. Had more kids. They lived next door to each other.

Mom had a big knot drawn in the middle of the paper. We never did figure out how to draw it.
Just need to add a dimension to the tree. Bring it forward a level on each transaction or set there of...so basically you end up with a set of family trees where the relationships can be reversed and then reinstated with different hook ups. Would look like a cube of stacked family trees.

The problem is actually pretty common in any number of situations.

Ever get into the details of generations of cousins? "removed"? Their is actual a logic to it though I think only the priests actually understand it and only some of them.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:54 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Just need to add a dimension to the tree. Bring it forward a level on each transaction or set there of...so basically you end up with a set of family trees where the relationships can be reversed and then reinstated with different hook ups. Would look like a cube of stacked family trees.

The problem is actually pretty common in any number of situations.

Ever get into the details of generations of cousins? "removed"? Their is actual a logic to it though I think only the priests actually understand it and only some of them.
I have one cousin. Not related by blood as my father and his sister were both adopted. I met her once.... when I was 13 at my grandfathers funeral. Her and her mother showed up, asked if there was any money for them, and immediately left when told there wasn't. Good riddance.

My wife and I had our DNA done and the results are so close that we have decided that we are cousins 83rd removed.

I'm not German. Suprise!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas