Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 08:56 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I had to put down my ferret this morning. Over the 24 years, it's the 6th ferret to die. Some died at home, unexpectedly, 2 I had to have euthanized. My others barely made it to 6 years, and this one was 3 months away from being 6, so I was sort of expecting this to happen. What's interesting about ferrets, they can be active, lively, right up until the end, then, one day, they keel over, just like that!

I knew something was off-kilter on our walk last night, as he'd walk a little, then go flat to the sidewalk. So I carried him home and after that he had a hard time walking. So off to DI Animal Hospital, with my roommate Roberto accompanying us.

It was after the Dr. told me that even with surgery, there were no guarantees he'd recover, so that smoothed the decision.

I have 5 other ferrets buried in my townhouse courtyard, so Roberto dug the hole, and dug into the grave of one of my other ferrets, so we buried him in the same site, and I stuck 2 peeled bananas into his "casket", as he loved his bananas.

He will be missed by some of the security guards/doormen on the Strip, as the last time we were at Bellagio, the staff off the lobby didn't expect to see us again.

He was an over-loved ferret, couldn't have had a better life, IMO.

So, life isn't life, for me, unless I have a ferret around my house, so he'll be replaced very soon. Perhaps I'll buy 2 next time.

Oddly, perhaps his way of bereaving, Roberto didn't eat any food today, and he refuses to take my ferret's food away for 3 days. What's up with that????
I'm so sorry, Tij.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:37 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
I'm leaning toward buying 2 ferrets this time, at one point, I had 5 of them moving about my house.

I picked my last ferret because I thought it would be interesting to have an Aries ferret, as I'm an Aries, and yes, it was interesting.

Right now, there's no Aries ferrets for sale. Pet Kingdom always has them on Trop/Eastern, they come in a 8 weeks old, they go down in price at 10 weeks, and go down even more in price at 12 weeks.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:59 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I had to put down my ferret this morning. Over the 24 years, it's the 6th ferret to die. Some died at home, unexpectedly, 2 I had to have euthanized. My others barely made it to 6 years, and this one was 3 months away from being 6, so I was sort of expecting this to happen. What's interesting about ferrets, they can be active, lively, right up until the end, then, one day, they keel over, just like that.
My condolences on your loss, tijlover. I've lost a few family pets over the years, it's never easy. I remember back to when I live up on East Cheyenne and Pecos with my former roommates. Someone left a dead ferret at the bus stop, and its body stayed there for a few days before someone cleaned it up. It's sad that people treat animals like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I actually did see you once on Fremont Street. Wind would not be good...not to mention the COLD! That wind was icy.
I'll have to go on Google Drive and get that picture. I liked working on the strip better, I worked in front of the Coca-Cola Store and I could sit down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
You guys are all discussing my line of work. I'm a Sleep Tech - working in eastern Washington state now. The masks are just getting better and better all of the time. I will try 2-3-4 masks on a patient in what we call at this Wenatchee Sleep Lab "mask training." It's necessary in case the patient's study gets "split" to CPAP at the 4-hour mark. Guys and gals - obstructive sleep apnea is a killer. You ever hear a relative say "Awful about Uncle Fred. He died in his sleep." Yes, you guessed it - he may have very well died in his sleep from sleep apnea. You can get high blood pressure, worsen existing high blood pressure, get diabetes, have a stroke, heart attack and, if that list is not scary enough - you can just get non-restorative sleep. If you don't feel refreshed when you wake up you might have OSA. So don't put it off - go get some help from your doctor and get a sleep study if you need it. You'll actually get restorative sleep and have energy to do things during the day.

aqualung - best to follow the rules of the care center you're in. I know it sucks, though. Sorry.
I haven't had a heart attack yet, but I do have AFib. It's what led to my stroke. My high bp is controlled through by medication. They also check my blood sugar all the time and give me insulin.

No, it swallows. I know that they mean well, but I really don't have anyone that I can out with.

On a happy note, I got my "new" laptop. Except for a couple of tiny scratches, it's like it brand new. It's so fast, it's not funny.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Wait for their pricing ta go down, man!

Old 12-07-2017, 04:02 PM

Congrats on the new laptop, man. Coolio topped off with an Iglasius!

Old 12-07-2017, 06:47 PM

117 posts, read 145,999 times
tijlover: I'm very sorry for your loss.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Congrats on the new laptop, man. Coolio topped off with an Iglasius!
I'm loving it so far. I just need to update everything. I'm having fun updating Firefox and installing Ubuntu Linux 17.10.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:52 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Couldn't stand the thought of not having a ferret around the house, so I raced over to Pet Kingdom this morning, with my roommate, and bought 2 of them, one for me, one for my roommate. When you buy a ferret, they pressure you to buy 2, so a ferret has a buddy, yet I know of many who own just one.

I always felt some residual guilt over having just one, so at least that will erase that residual guilt.

One is mostly black, with the black Zorro mask, and the other is lighter, so I could tell them apart. Both males.

Female ferrets are more hyperactive, and, over the years, I've had 2 females, but, for some reason, I could never leash-train, walk the females on a leash, but the males are always gung-ho to walk on a leash. Females have climbing ability, and the males don't.

Now, it will be interesting to see if I can walk 2 ferrets on the Strip at the same time. Me thinks not!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:26 AM

Does anyone else here use Skype? I'm just starting out with it and I don't have any contacts yet. If you're interested, DM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Now, it will be interesting to see if I can walk 2 ferrets on the Strip at the same time. Me thinks not!

Congrats on the two new ferrets, man. Cool! Enjoy 'em. Yeah, walking two ferrets on a leash at one time? Wow - I don't know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas