Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 10:09 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,668,487 times

Advertisements

Actually, I think that he wants me out by midnight of the 23rd. It's going to be tough out there, especially since it's starting to get colder. Being homeless is one of my great fears, Alzheimers being the other one. I don't fear death.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
It sounds like you have completely given up. You really need to hit the pavement hard and get any job before it is too late. I am disgusted that your sister's husband will not let you use the internet to look for work. It there any way to reason with him? I will even speak to him if you wish. Unfortunately, I have a tiny place so I cannot let you live here, but I will let you shower and do laundry here if need to.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:11 AM

He's not a person to reason with. Last night he was yelling that I was a Em Effer and a Cee Esser for some reason. I don't know why, as I was in my room, and I didn't want to come out. Bathing and laundry is fine, and I'm going to a big job fair today.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
If I place my furkids with the IGCA (an IG rescue group) I'll NEVER see them again. They're the only ones that keep me going. For the most part I have nothing else going for me.

It's not easy finding work these days, which they don't understand. Most places have their applications online, and my bil won't let me get on his computer. He tells me to go to the library, but the idiot doesn't understand that I can't, because I owe them $95. I've got a few gaps in my employment history, so I'm sure that no one will want to hire me. I'll flip burgers if I have to.

I feel for you, aqua, but unfortunately, that doesn't pay your bills. Your post is precisely why you should do what you can to give those babies a better life. I have to agree with Pink here. It is stressing you out knowing that you have to continue to find homes for them. Stress that could and should be better used towards getting yourself on your feet.

I just think that if they were my kids, I would do whatever I had to so that they had a good life, with lots of stability and love, instead of constantly moving them around. If I wasn't able to care for them, I would want them to be with someone who could. As sad as it is, and as bad as I would feel. I love my children enough to want the best for them and I think at least I could rest easy at night knowing that I did that for them. (of course, after I cry myself to sleep!) Animals are different, of course, in that they do not understand all the moving around and this can adversely affect them. (kids too, but at least you may be able to reason with humans).

Good luck at the job fair.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Thanks, Kimba. It's a tough bridge for me to cross. They've been with me through good times and bad, and have always given me unconditional love.

For those of you who've tried to contact me via DM:

I can read them via my phone, but I can't reply to them. If you want to reach me privately, my email adress is in my blog.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
He's not a person to reason with. Last night he was yelling that I was a Em Effer and a Cee Esser for some reason. I don't know why, as I was in my room, and I didn't want to come out. Bathing and laundry is fine, and I'm going to a big job fair today.
He sounds like Al Sweregen from 'Deadwood'!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:03 PM

I've never seen that movie, JFK. For some strange reason my sister has a thing for bald a$$holes. :/

Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM

487 posts, read 747,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
He sounds like Al Sweregen from 'Deadwood'!

Good series

Old 09-15-2010, 05:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Prayers are in order for jjameson, aqualung and LVD. I will address you in my prayers before work tonight. Prayers that the night at the hospital will go all right and that I can have positive impacts on the respiratory health off all that I care for in that regard.

I drove down to Kingman, AZ, to pick up our son and our two cats Sunday and Monday. Enterprise Rent-A-Car wouldn't let him take the Dodge Avenger across the state line to Nevada, it's one of their rules. So, he rented the car in Tucson and drove it to the most northern AZ location, that being Kingman. Dad (me) drove his Mitsubishi Lancer GTS down from Elko to pick them all up(along with our son's stuff, might I add). He loved the late-model Avenger. A lot!

Matty, the long-haired grey tabby, has taken the move to Nevada hard. He's sleeping and hiding under the bed. Only today, when I got home from work, I asked my wife where Matty was.

He came out from under the bed and was resting on top of the bed with Casper, the short-haired orange Tabby. We dropper-fed both of these babies in Dec. of 2006, they slowly got healthier from the illnesses they had when we adopted them from the Willcox, AZ, pound.

So great to see Matt up and rubbing noses with me. They're dolls.

Aqualung, man, I am pulling for you and praying for you and your situation!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Thanks, Elko. The job fair was ok, and I got a couple of leads. Most of the employers were for sales, and the rest were schools. I'm going to a mass interview for One Stop Motors.com tomorrow. It sounds like they'll be hiring on the spot. I know that it's sales, but it sounds better than the Hilton was. I'm also going to check out working at either a Goodwill store or Savers.

I'm down at a UMC Quick Care having my feet and legs checked out (I have a suspicious looking callous on my right big toe, and my legs are a bit swollen and red), and when the weighed me, I found out that I've lost 11lbs since Ace came to live with me. I guess walking him to the dog park at least twice a day, plus what ever else walking I've been doing has done me some good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas