Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 PM

208 posts, read 350,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Ok, so i can't send you any messages. So look up "green smoothies." That is a start at least. If you really do not want help, then fine. We will just all have to accept it. Good luck.
Hey Pink, is it expensive to make those green smoothies? I eat a lot of veggies...but not organic, ( except what I grow myself in the summer). Seems like it's gotta be expensive...but I guess good health is worth "something".

Old 09-08-2010, 08:16 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Robin Quivers (of The Howard Stern Show) swears by those green smoothies...and she looks great for her age!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:03 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
How are you doing today? I hope that you got some rest today.
Not so good. Those pills did absolutely nothing. I have done a lot of thinking though. I called my girlfriend back in Phoenix today and she said I can move in with her. She is very worried about me but she said she cannot afford to support me as in I will have to help her with rent, food, etc. I love her very much and she will be the support system that I need as I have none in Vegas. We have been together for 14 years now, and she has always been there for me. I now have realized that moving to Las Vegas was one of the worst mistakes I have ever made. The 24 hour drinking has killed me, literally. As much as I HATE Phoenix, I have no choice but to return. I am at a crossroads. If I stay here, I will die as I have no self control. However, I am now going to lose my job and I literally cannot work a regular job (because of my health) once I get back to Phoenix. The good thing is I have two credit cards with a combined credit limit of over $12,000 I have always been responsible before as both cards are paid off, but I have decided to just max both out as I can easily live off that for over a year with no job considering how frugal I am. My mental and physical health is more important than my credit which is now going to be destroyed. Unfortunately, I already paid for the apartment that I am moving into today so I am stuck here for a little while. I am moving back to Phoenix on November 1st. That also gives me time to put some money into savings before I leave.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
Hey Pink, is it expensive to make those green smoothies? I eat a lot of veggies...but not organic, ( except what I grow myself in the summer). Seems like it's gotta be expensive...but I guess good health is worth "something".
I am very interested in this if it will improve my health. Please let us know exactly how to do these smoothies.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
It's not expensive. And you don't have to use organic if you don't want to. It's much cheaper than seeing a doctor all the time that knows zilch about nutrition.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
For all of you who think I'm being "silly" for thinking Tij had lung cancer. I guess I read it wrong. I am not being silly, rather I was really depressed all of last night and all day thinking of posters on here dying of different things. I didn't even want to come back and post for awhile because it's really depressing in here lately!!!!!!!!!!!
But like a car wreck, I have to come back and look.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 AM

208 posts, read 350,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Robin Quivers (of The Howard Stern Show) swears by those green smoothies...and she looks great for her age!
I hear ya jfk... I was a huge Stern fan for years. I had Sirius until about March of this year. I miss Howard...

Old 09-09-2010, 05:25 AM

I have been doing studying on liver cirrhosis tonight. This explains everything:

"A damaged liver cannot remove toxins from the blood, causing them to accumulate in the blood and eventually the brain. There, toxins can dull mental functioning and cause personality changes, coma, and even death. Signs of the buildup of toxins in the brain include neglect of personal appearance, unresponsiveness, forgetfulness, trouble concentrating, or changes in sleep habits."

I recently have become crazy and mean and now I know why. I have also completely let myself go regarding my appearance. PinkString let me know tonight that a green smoothie diet could possibly reverse my health problems. This is probably my last hope as these drugs are not helping me. I am going to give it a shot regarding the diet. I don't really want to die, but I would rather be dead than deal with this severe pain my liver damage is causing me. Hopefully, I can become healthy again so I can live a normal life again.

Liver Cirrhosis (http://www.paralumun.com/healthlivercirrhosis.htm - broken link)

Old 09-09-2010, 06:01 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
LVD, try and find as much information from registered dietitians as possible that pertain to cirrhosis. Limiting sodium is a major factor. Be careful of concentrated vegetable juice sources if you are going to go that route, as the concentration of certain vitamins can be toxic to you.

As long as you have hope, I don't think it's too late for you to turn things around and find some happiness.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
I hear ya jfk... I was a huge Stern fan for years. I had Sirius until about March of this year. I miss Howard...
2 Lifetime subscriptions for me...1 for my wife's car...1 for mine. At $495 each...have just about broken even if I had continued to pay every 6 months or every year. Need my Howard...and need my NFL games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas