Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 02:26 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times

Advertisements

I hate Neuropathy! It has spread to my entire body. Either that or I have Fibromyalgia. Doctors will not diagnose Fibromyalgia so I guess it is neuropathy. The same sharp pains I have in my feet, but anywhere on my body, including my head, whenever it strikes it's fancy.

Loads of fun in the middle of the night. Wakes me right the hell up, and keeps me up.

Yes, I've tried all the drugs. Side effects are terrible so I don't use any.

I'll pass on aneurysms and strokes. You must be one tough cookie!

Old 04-30-2018, 10:23 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times

Terrible for anyone and everyone who has an aneurysm or a stroke - they're incredible dangerous and the blow you get is not up to you sometimes - and anything you've done right or wrong with your health. Blood clots and DVT's (blood clots in the leg) and blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary embolism) are killers that strike ruthlessly. Controlling your high blood pressure helps if you can ahead of that problem.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:33 AM

23,225 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
4 cars in 4 years totaled. What are the odds?

I mean, I could see if I was a drunk or drove like an idiot. But I don't drink or do drugs. I drive well. And none have been my fault. Not even close to my fault. I wasn't even driving for this one. I was stopped.
There's an estimated 30-50 car accidents a day in the Las Vegas Valley, and when it rains we're looking at 150-200. I'm the most minimalist driver in this city, it has to be super-important for me to stick a key into the ignition of my prized 1985 Toyota Supra.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I hate Neuropathy! It has spread to my entire body. Either that or I have Fibromyalgia. Doctors will not diagnose Fibromyalgia so I guess it is neuropathy. The same sharp pains I have in my feet, but anywhere on my body, including my head, whenever it strikes it's fancy.

Loads of fun in the middle of the night. Wakes me right the hell up, and keeps me up.

It's hard to get any sympathy/compassion, I have found out, unless you've experienced it yourself.

Now that I've got COPD, I sympathize with anyone with respiratory problems, I know exactly what they're going through.

I've had my knee problems as well, and now I can sympathize with anyone with knee problems, or any kind of joint pain.

I'm due for cataract surgery, and now I know what it's like to have an eye fogged up continually.

I don't know why it should be that way, you need to experience it yourself firsthand for the compassion to develop.

I feel like I've aged another year just going thru what it takes just to get one's house on the market, then the people traipsing through your house, and, yes, I have it on contract, but whole month of suspense before closing: will it pass inspection, will it meet with the Appraiser, will they bow out in the end? At 68YO, by the time I get through this big upcoming transition, I'll feel like 75. Packing it all up, driving to Tucson, getting a rental until I can buy a house, putting things in storage, taking things out of storage, etc. etc.

In one way I sort of hope the buyer bows out, and then? A sigh of relief, I'll stay put!!!

My condolences to EA. By the way, how did the divorce settlement come out?

Old 05-01-2018, 11:40 AM

My right knee is acting up again. I already have the respiratory (asthma, COPD) problems. I also have hypothyroidism so I'm on Levothyroxine. I also have diabetes so I'm on Metformin to control by blood sugar.

But this knee is aching when I walk - this same problem occurred in 2010 in Elko when I was working at Northeastern Nevada Regional Medical Center there. My wife worked at the Elko Wal*Mart and I had seen the doc about the knee - he x-rayed it and told me it's arthritis. Put a brace on it and wrote a prescription for 800mg Tylenol tablets for the pain. That didn't start to help the underlying problem, though. My wife came home from Wal*Mart one day with Glucosomine Chondroitin tablets - I was to take 2 of those horse pills a day for three weeks. I took them each and every day - nothing happened. Then, one day I woke up and the pain was gone - completely. I took a few more but the pain was gone and stayed gone.

So now I'm taking them again and hopefully the pain will go away this time, too.

EA's accidents are something else - I would start getting trepedatious at driving in Lost Wages if I got in that many accidents - except that we can't just stay home - we've got to work and go to the store, etc.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:55 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times
I was going under the speed limit for the first one.
Under the speed limit for the second.
Barely moving for the third.
And completely stopped for the 4th.

I start my new business today, that should minimize my driving. I can even do some of it from home.
Unfortunately, the drive to the building requires me to drive on 2 of the roads I crashed on before.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:16 PM

I start my new business today, that should minimize my driving. I can even do some of it from home.
Unfortunately, the drive to the building requires me to drive on 2 of the roads I crashed on before.

Drive carefully, EA. That's all you can do. Sounds like there's some real lulu-birds driving in Las Vegas.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:46 AM

Elkotronics: You actually need a prescription for 800mg of Tylenol/Ibuprofen? Sheesh! You can buy them over the counter in any pharmacy in Mexico! And you're very close to Mexico!

Old 05-02-2018, 02:42 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

Fibromyalgia isn't fun. My late mother had it. Both me and my sister have Diabetic Neuropathy. Strokes aren't fun either. I had one in 2015 and now I can't walk anymore. I'm going to be getting a new electric wheelchair in two weeks.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:47 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I was going under the speed limit for the first one.
Under the speed limit for the second.
Barely moving for the third.
And completely stopped for the 4th.

I had two car accidents and one ticket in my entire life. All on Eastern. Also, my first car threw a timing belt. Corner of Eastern and Flamingo. During rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas