Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 08:39 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Yes, a rose. Buzz123, Aqualung, NLVgal and now English Dave have all passed away on here and become our eternal members.
It must be terrible to communicate with a number of people on here, then see them pass away.

I surmise NLVgal knew she was at the end. One of her threads started something like "Before I go..."

Last edited by curiousgeorge5; 04-15-2020 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: To add something.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:28 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
It must be terrible to communicate with a number of people on here, then see them pass away.

I surmise NLVgal knew she was at the end. One of her threads started something like "Before I go..."
Ya, she'd been battling cirrhosis of the liver for three years. Buzz died from natural causes and English Dave had cancer. I don't know about Aqualung. I never knew him very well.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:35 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I'm guessing English Dave had a happier death, as despite the cancer, him and his wife continued to travel, and nothing brings you closer to eternity than travel.

When my mother was diagnosed with liver cancer, I asked her where she wanted to travel to before she died, and it was a race to get to all these places before she died: Alaska, Island hopping in Hawaii, Smokey Mountains, the Fall colors in New England, and California. What a happy death she had! In her last days in the nursing home she couldn't stop talking about those trips to the nursing staff.

If you know someone is going to die, and providing they have the strength for it, give them one last trip somewhere and skip the flowers, candy and cards!

Old 04-16-2020, 02:52 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,499 times
If it were not for Aqualung, I would not be a member here since he was the one who told me about it. A friend of mine and I were walking down the strip and saw this guy wearing a wedding dress. We just had to to say hello. He was a total sweetheart, but he looked to be in a very bad place as I could see the despair in his eyes. I only talked to him that one time, but I now wish I had gone to visit him before he passed away.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:55 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
If it were not for Aqualung, I would not be a member here since he was the one who told me about it. A friend of mine and I were walking down the strip and saw this guy wearing a wedding dress. We just had to to say hello. He was a total sweetheart, but he looked to be in a very bad place as I could see the despair in his eyes. I only talked to him that one time, but I now wish I had gone to visit him before he passed away.

"aqualung my friend, don't you start away uneasy, you poor old salt, you see, it's only me." Unfortunately, it almost always felt like aqualung was unhappy or lacking in some way. I kept in touch with him as much as possible. His last few months were spent in very poor health.

He was trached and needed to be on a CPAP machine during the day and night. More than once he needed emergency medical care.

RIP aqualung

Old 04-16-2020, 05:58 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,062 times
RIP Aqualung

Do you know what he died from? All I know about his health is he'd post from inpatient rehab on here sometimes.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:09 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
RIP Aqualung

Do you know what he died from? All I know about his health is he'd post from inpatient rehab on here sometimes.

I don't know, but he was morbidly obese and looked very unhealthy. I ended up talking with him over an hour that night. He told me his roommates made him give them all his snap food benefits in order to stay there. He was too sick to work, so he had to be a street performer just to get enough money to eat. It was just plain sad that he had to live that way. I believe there is an afterlife, so I believe he is now in a much better place where he is loved and is no longer suffering.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I don't know, but he was morbidly obese and looked very unhealthy. I ended up talking with him over an hour that night. He told me his roommates made him give them all his snap food benefits in order to stay there. He was too sick to work...
I wonder if he could have lost the weight if he really wanted. One of my late grandmothers was very hefty most of her life but when she got older the doctor told her if she didn't lose weight, she would die. When I was a child, grandma once stepped on a scale in front of me. The dial said something like 10 or 15 pounds. Get it? The dial went all the way around, to 10 or 15 pounds. LOL.

I heard there are people who sell their snap food benefits. Someone told me one person was trying to sell his at his place of work. $50 for $100 worth of benefits. I once saw some idiot on YouTube trying to trade $70 worth of benefit for $10 worth of illicit drugs.

Last edited by curiousgeorge5; 04-16-2020 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: To add something

Old 04-16-2020, 10:40 PM

My post above reminds me of what this same grandmother told us: When she was in her child bearing years she was over a woman's house. There were a few or so women there. One woman was feeding/nursing her child the old fashioned way. Natural, in other words. One of the women asked the nursing mom "How old is your child?" The kid looked up and said "five".

Old 04-17-2020, 12:07 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
I talked to Steve Sisolack and asked him what his plans are for getting people back to work, I want to know what it's all about. So he said, "You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you shake it all about, you do the hokey-pokey and you turn yourself around, that's what it's all about." And then he glared at me and told me to go home because I was supposed to not leave my house, because of some stupid age thing. I then said, but what is it REALLY all about? He said " You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about, you do the hokey-pokey and you turn yourself around, THAT'S what it's all about! Now go home, don't make me tell you again." As I turned to leave and he turned as well, he missed my final farewell as I gave him the finger and turned myself around, did not do the hokey-pokey, but went home instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas