Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:11 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Breaking news - heroin is also called "horse" on the streets. You're never going to believe this but it's not made from horses. Crazy isn't it?The "drug store heroin" reference was posted multiple messages ago. Let me know if we're moving too quickly for you.
Dilaudid is at the very TOP of opiate strength. Heroin, morphine, opium---those who abuse all are called "JUNKIES".

Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Dilaudid is at the very TOP of opiate strength. Heroin, morphine, opium---those who abuse all are called "JUNKIES".
My bad: 81 times stronger than morphine: Fentanyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,565 times
Quote:
Dilaudid is at the very TOP of opiate strength.
First, dramatic as it might sound, being the strongest opiate doesn't magically turn a morphine derivative into heroin. Second, Dilaudid isn't the very TOP of opiate strength.
Quote:
My bad: 81 times stronger than morphine: Fentanyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ah, I see you found fentanyl. I made my post before refreshing my screen to see yours.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
First, dramatic as it might sound, being the strongest opiate doesn't magically turn a morphine derivative into heroin. Second, Dilaudid isn't the very TOP of opiate strength.Ah, I see you found fentanyl. I made my post before refreshing my screen to see yours.
No matter, Danny Gans was a "junkie". A drug user who chose drugs over life.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:41 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
First, dramatic as it might sound, being the strongest opiate doesn't magically turn a morphine derivative into heroin. Second, Dilaudid isn't the very TOP of opiate strength.Ah, I see you found fentanyl. I made my post before refreshing my screen to see yours.
Is the word "heroin" the thing that has you so verbally argumentative?

An opiate overdose is an opiate overdose and it's much easier to do with Dilaudid.

It serves no purpose to argue apple with apples.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post

An opiate overdose is an opiate overdose and it's much easier to do with Dilaudid.

Yes! Use of a "street" drug is less than human---yet a pharmacuetical abuse of a like drug is accepted. I don't judge any person for a personal life choice, and see NO difference between street drugs, and pharmacueticals. Perhaps, the term, "opiate" addiction would be politically correct. Still, a "JUNKIE".

Old 06-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff
No matter, Danny Gans was a "junkie". A drug user who chose drugs over life.
I'm sure the Clark County Coroner's office appreciated your valuable input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz

What has me argumentative is people who don't know what they're talking about presenting inaccurate information as fact. An opiate overdose is an opiate overdose makes no distinction between opiates. Ignorance is bliss.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:03 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
From the referenced article...

Hydromorphone is widely known by the brand name Dilaudid. Dilaudid is one of the most powerful narcotics known to man. Dilaudid is probably the most powerful pharmaceutical narcotic in existence. Dilaudid is the pharmaceutical drug that is very similar to heroin in terms of the way it affects the body. These are the reasons it is often called "drug store heroin" on the streets. In some ways Dilaudid is preferable to heroin. This is true because with Dilaudid there are no harmful cutting agents. Heroin can contain cutting agents unknown to the user. Additionally, unlike heroin, with Dilaudid the exact dosage amount is known.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
I'm sure the Clark County Coroner's office appreciated your valuable input.What has me argumentative is people who don't know what they're talking about presenting inaccurate information as fact. An opiate overdose is an opiate overdose makes no distinction between opiates. Ignorance is bliss.
There is no difference. It's apples and apples. Dead is dead.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
From the referenced article...

Hydromorphone is widely known by the brand name Dilaudid. Dilaudid is one of the most powerful narcotics known to man. Dilaudid is probably the most powerful pharmaceutical narcotic in existence. Dilaudid is the pharmaceutical drug that is very similar to heroin in terms of the way it affects the body. These are the reasons it is often called "drug store heroin" on the streets. In some ways Dilaudid is preferable to heroin. This is true because with Dilaudid there are no harmful cutting agents. Heroin can contain cutting agents unknown to the user. Additionally, unlike heroin, with Dilaudid the exact dosage amount is known.
This just in - cocaine is not made of snow, marijuana is not really a weed, heroin is not made of horses, etc. Maybe have one of the neighborhood kids expain this phenomena to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz
There is no difference. It's apples and apples. Dead is dead.
I don't think anyone has disputed he's dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas