Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 AM

5 posts, read 11,282 times

Advertisements

Can any one advise some respected mortgage companies that have offices in Vegas? And if you have recent knowledge of such applications; what documents are required for a single person applying for a mortgage in USA.

Many thanks,

Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylisa View Post
Can any one advise some respected mortgage companies that have offices in Vegas? And if you have recent knowledge of such applications; what documents are required for a single person applying for a mortgage in USA.

Many thanks,

Lisa
ID.
Proof if income...pay stubs or tax returns
Bank accounts showing money assets claimed.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:31 AM

13 posts, read 34,931 times
I was listening to the radio and I heard they have no credit check weekends at some mortgage companies. Whatever you do do not put any money down. The downpayment is a thing of the past. The home prices are still dropping like rocks so any downpayment will be lost in the very first year. Dont buy into what some banks try selling you about needing downpayments either. There are plenty of banks that will do 100% financing now in places like Vegas because they are desperate for buyers. All you need is a FT job and you are golden.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:54 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimeisnow View Post
I was listening to the radio and I heard they have no credit check weekends at some mortgage companies. Whatever you do do not put any money down. The downpayment is a thing of the past. The home prices are still dropping like rocks so any downpayment will be lost in the very first year. Dont buy into what some banks try selling you about needing downpayments either. There are plenty of banks that will do 100% financing now in places like Vegas because they are desperate for buyers. All you need is a FT job and you are golden.

You know not of what you speak.

Low price homes sell over 90% for cash. It is practically impossible for an owner occupant to buy a low end house. The only way is a HUD home where owner occupants have priority. Other than that they are always outbid by the cash buyers.

There are no zero down loans available in Las Vegas or, as far as I know, anywhere else except for VA loans.

The least expensive generally available loan is an FHA which requires 3.5% down and has mortgage insurance.

There are no loans which do not require a credit check.

Home pricing, particularly at the low end, has stabilized. There are often ten or more bids on low end homes. They often sell well over their list price.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 PM

lol, you are trying to act like things are back to normal or stabilized? I think not. And yes I heard no credit check weekend on the radio show I was listening to. 100% financing means NO money down. Its blending. The buyer ends up having 2 loans, 20% for the downpayment and 80% for the rest. But the buyer does not have to come up with any money out of pocket. The closing cost are ALL PAID for buy the sellers, if they dont agree you just ask the guy selling across the street and he will pay your closing cost. Not sure what rock you are living under my friend, but I think you need to wake up and see what is really going on in this country, not just Vegas.

mod cut: link removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-18-2009 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: 10-post rule/unsolicited

Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
And people wonder if we have hit bottom yet! Not with Shylocks like that still around. I guess destroying the economy wasn't enough. This crap will drive values down again

Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times
Quote:

LOL........No credit check weekends?? That is too funny. Probably no credit checks after dark either

Mortgage companies will give you all sorts of stories to get an application from you.............yet regardless of what they tell you they still have to get approval from the bank they are doing the loan through and believe me there WILL be a credit check or NO loan.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 PM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
Wow this is soooooooooooooooooooo funny! I can't believe ANYONE would believe you can get a mortgage with no credit check (on weekends....no less) and no money down. If people are willing to pay closing costs, WHY? Maybe the house is overpriced - not because homes are available. Maybe if this guy is looking at homes in the 600,000 plus bracket....maybe, but not in 125 bracket!

Old 07-18-2009, 03:13 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
mod interpose: keep the debate civil. No name calling ...getting close to that. Posts not following the T.O.S. will be removed. Also, try to keep the discussion germane to the OP's inquiry. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 AM

I was trying to help out the OP. If things are so stabilized then why are some homes selling for $55k and condos $31K? Things are still going lower too. At anyrate the low cost of these homes is just what the country needed. Why so many morons bought homes for over $300k in a place like Vegas is beyond me. Now as we can see some of those people are upset with the deals others are cleaning up on now. Bottom line is, DO NOT put money down on a home. That is where you will lose your arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: