Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:54 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Have you ever peeked inside the Don’t Tell Mamma Club? I never knew LV had a transvestite bar until last week when I took a peek in there on my way to the Kabob joint.
It's not exclusively, or even mostly, a tranny bar. I've been there more than a dozen times and I've never seen one. It's just a great bar where the wait staff and the customers sing with a pianist. It's owned by a very nice Vietnamese man and his wife.

I love Fremont Street. It's old Vegas and lots of fun. I've been there in all seasons and all times of day. I've never been afraid at all. I used to stay at Main Street 6 or 7 times a year. It's not bad at all there.

Now the bus terminal. You couldn't PAY me to go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 12:32 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
With the economy being so bad, people are really getting desperate. I just watched this on the news tonight which took place right on the strip. This is just plain terrible, and I hope they catch these bastards. Always be aware of your surroundings, whether on the strip or downtown.

Search for suspects in kidnapping & robbery near Flamingo - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=11852743 - broken link)

Old 01-21-2010, 12:47 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
I knew I wasn't the only one who loved the Fremont Experience

Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
the FSE is where it's at....FUN, SAFETY and tons of people....
methinks baswhatever is as FOSAACG

Old 01-21-2010, 10:37 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
With the economy being so bad, people are really getting desperate.
I doubt very seriously that this had anything whatsoever to do with the economy. This isn't exactly a case of a down-on-his-luck individual resorting to shoplifting a loaf of bread so he doesn't starve.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:40 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
With the economy being so bad, people are really getting desperate. I just watched this on the news tonight which took place right on the strip. This is just plain terrible, and I hope they catch these bastards. Always be aware of your surroundings, whether on the strip or downtown.

Search for suspects in kidnapping & robbery near Flamingo - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=11852743 - broken link)
Great, another bunch of scum on the loose. Those overwalks are bad places to be at. The city does not patrol them and resorts security ignore them also. I have seen more hookers on the Bally's Belagio overcross than I care to remember.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
It's not exclusively, or even mostly, a tranny bar. I've been there more than a dozen times and I've never seen one. It's just a great bar where the wait staff and the customers sing with a pianist. It's owned by a very nice Vietnamese man and his wife.

I love Fremont Street. It's old Vegas and lots of fun. I've been there in all seasons and all times of day. I've never been afraid at all. I used to stay at Main Street 6 or 7 times a year. It's not bad at all there.

Now the bus terminal. You couldn't PAY me to go there.
OK it may not be a tranny bar but there was some sort of tranny gathering going on there that night. The Kabob place was really good. $10 for either beef or chicken and a large drink and the portions was good in size.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
Hi,

I was wondering the same thing about the scorpions and black widows and (shudder) tarantulas, not sure how to spell that, oh, let's add killer bees to the list too. I am way way way freaked out by bugs, large and small. Snakes, who cares. Lizards, again who cares. But things with more than 4 legs or that fly, I care big time.

How big of a problem are these things in the general Las Vegas area? That's my game plan, to move out that way in a few years, but I'm already very concerned about the assorted nasty many legged critters that live in the SW area.

Also, is it difficult to find rental property in the general LV area that accepts pets? I have a large dog and a cat.

Any info would be most helpful.

p.s. I tried starting my own thread to ask this stuff - but I can't seem to get it done right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas