Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,678,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You would be making the biggest mistake of your life. I was born and raised in Phoenix, and lived 30 years of my life there. I could not wait to get out. I finally succeeded this time. I have been gone 4 years now, and there is not one day I do not miss that place. There are a couple advantages that Phoenix has over Vegas that are super trivial, but that is it.
HippyDippyman, I would seriously question any online stranger who thinks that they know what is best for YOU based on their OWN experiences. Phoenix is a MUCH bigger city which would lead me to believe more people have found reasons to live there than in Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 07:49 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,014,708 times
let me ask you this, what is phoenix's industry?? detroit = cars = plants closing = city is dead... vegas = tourism.. there will ALWAYS be tourism some years down, some years up.. = city not dead...

nyc = tourism, wall st. etc = its weakened but will come back = city not dead...
pittsburgh/cleveland = industrial = depressed = will it come back, not in my opinion = city dead.. however Cleveland has medical which is a good thing.. Without the medical, cleveland is dead in the water

Old 01-23-2010, 08:12 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,262,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
HippyDippyman, I would seriously question any online stranger who thinks that they know what is best for YOU based on their OWN experiences. Phoenix is a MUCH bigger city which would lead me to believe more people have found reasons to live there than in Las Vegas.
Are you kidding me? What can you tell him about Phoenix? I do not even think you have ever been to Phoenix.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:14 PM

177 posts, read 357,348 times
Quote:
Bigger city means nothing.
Las Vegas is way more famous than Phoenix, both domestically and internationally.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:20 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,225,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
let me ask you this, what is phoenix's industry?? detroit = cars = plants closing = city is dead... vegas = tourism.. there will ALWAYS be tourism some years down, some years up.. = city not dead...

nyc = tourism, wall st. etc = its weakened but will come back = city not dead...
pittsburgh/cleveland = industrial = depressed = will it come back, not in my opinion = city dead.. however Cleveland has medical which is a good thing.. Without the medical, cleveland is dead in the water
Pittsburgh is coming back...immense healthcare, educational institutions, and major player in green technologies...I think those are some of the reasons the G20 was held there last year.

I'm from MI...no way Detroit is coming back...but I think Pittsburgh is pretty impressive. I don't have much hope at all for Buffalo. Unsure about Cleveland. It does seem like Cincinnati is building a lot lately.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:30 PM

"I do not even think you have ever been to Phoenix" LMAO...there you go again Drunk assuming things about people who you know absolutely nothing about!!!

I wouldn't tell him (the OP) anything aside from the fact that Phoenix DOES INDEED have more industry which seems to be important to him and not everyone who lives/lived there hates it.

FYI it is one of the largest cities in the U.S and there MUST be a reason for that. Could you please explain WHY all those MILLIONS live there if it's such a terrible place???

Did the bars there simply close too early for you???

I would like to hear your explanation...

Old 01-23-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mresort View Post
Bigger city means nothing.
Las Vegas is way more famous than Phoenix, both domestically and internationally.
What does fame have to do with quality of life???

Just curious.

Vegas isn't really known for anything other than as an adult tourist destination.

Vacationing and living are two very different things.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:38 PM

177 posts, read 357,348 times
Quote:

FYI it is one of the largest cities in the U.S and there MUST be a reason for that. Could you please explain WHY all those MILLIONS live there if it's such a terrible place???

A large city doesn't mean that it is an important city or a major city.
Phoenix is not famous at all. Ordinary people outside the United States know nothing about Phoenix.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
"I do not even think you have ever been to Phoenix" LMAO...there you go again Drunk assuming things about people who you know absolutely nothing about!!!

I wouldn't tell him (the OP) anything aside from the fact that Phoenix DOES INDEED have more industry which seems to be important to him and not everyone who lives/lived there hates it.

Ok, right back at you. Detroit has a larger population than Phoenix OR Vegas and there MUST be a reason for that. Could you please WHY all those MILLIONS live there if it's such a terrible place???

I hope you see what I am getting at. Your arguments make NO sense at all.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
What does fame have to do with quality of life???

Just curious.

Vegas isn't really known for anything other than as an adult tourist destination.

Vacationing and living are two very different things.
Vegas is known as the entertainment capitol of the world. Considering most people like to be entertained, wouldn't it make sense that people would want to live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas