Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:58 PM

2,552 posts, read 2,740,154 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for someone reliable for sprinklers and concrete in the backyard. I'm tired of pulling weeds.
I'm not sure if there is anyone who would do both of these or if I will have to find people separate one who does sprinklers and the other who does concrete. I figure the one side that I want to initially do is around 600 sq ft.

If the person works out well I would probably have him do the other area too.

Also I would be open to pavers instead of concrete. Are they cooler to walk on during the summer?

I have had problems with handymen, plumbers, tile people etc just trying to get them to show up or return calls. I just want someone honest and reliable that will do the work.
I have looked on Craigslist but that is always a hit or miss. You really don't know who you are dealing with.

I'm in The Lakes area if that makes a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 09:33 PM

687 posts, read 1,946,032 times
I used this guy for several jobs and would not hesitate to use him again.

Resurfacing of Nevada

Old 05-23-2014, 06:16 PM

421 posts, read 898,931 times
Probably one of the best investments anyone in the area can make is to join Angie's List for 24.00 a year and you will have the names of reliable people in all fields, including medical and dental.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:34 PM

I did subscribe to Angie's for awhile but wasn't that impressed with the selection. I could do a web search and use Yelp to get almost the same results. Also once they get you to subscribe they auto bill your account which I don't like. I like to use an almost expired credit card when companies want to do the auto bill.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:58 AM

555 posts, read 775,924 times
I recommend this guy named Matt; he did my yard out back (pavers + trees + irrigation + shrubs + rocks); price was very fair (based on comparison shopping) and the work was good. He also knows his trees; he recommend exactly what trees/shrubs to plan based on my wants. Very cool guy.

An English Gardener- Las Vegas

Old 05-24-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
I recommend this guy named Matt; he did my yard out back (pavers + trees + irrigation + shrubs + rocks); price was very fair (based on comparison shopping) and the work was good. He also knows his trees; he recommend exactly what trees/shrubs to plan based on my wants. Very cool guy.

An English Gardener- Las Vegas

Thanks will check with him.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:49 PM

I have another question about concrete for those of you who have had it done at your house.

I got numerous estimates from landscapers and they seemed to be very expensive on the concrete at around $6.00 per sq ft.

So I have decided to do the concrete separate.
I did join Angie's List and talked to some concrete guys and they seem to be $2.50 to 3.00 per sq ft.

I'm going to get some estimates on Mon and try to pour on Tues.

Those of you that have had concrete done. Is this the going rate for Las Vegas?
Did you use rebar or mesh on the concrete? Did the concrete guy try to tell you that you don't need rebar or mesh? This seems to be a debatable subject.
This is for concrete on the side of the house around 550 sq ft.

Also if you have a good concrete guy that did a good job at a reasonable price please let me know.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:48 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,075,723 times
For a patio (unless you're having a heavy patio cover installed), walkway, landscaping type concrete, you don't need mesh nor rebar in the slab.

If you were having a driveway or something you drive a car on, you might want wire mesh installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Those of you that have had concrete done. Is this the going rate for Las Vegas?
Did you use rebar or mesh on the concrete? Did the concrete guy try to tell you that you don't need rebar or mesh? This seems to be a debatable subject.
This is for concrete on the side of the house around 550 sq ft.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
For a patio (unless you're having a heavy patio cover installed), walkway, landscaping type concrete, you don't need mesh nor rebar in the slab.

If you were having a driveway or something you drive a car on, you might want wire mesh installed.
Thanks for the info. This is just on the side of the house so I should be alright.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
Luis Bravo and company do my gardening. They just extended my patio to the wall with pavers, and then, since my sprinkler system was breaking underground after 13 years, I had them replace it front and back. Did a good job and not too expensive. 702-769-2362

Luis had worked for the guy company that did our original landscaping. Guy works like a horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: