Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 AM

1 posts, read 26,253 times

Advertisements

I am reading Kevin Tredeau's book "The Weight Loss Protocal" where it advocates using HCG injections for weight loss. Does anyone know if there is a clinic in Las Vegas or Henderson that uses this method? I am very interested in getting started.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:07 PM

7 posts, read 69,957 times
Hi Redheadedsuzieq
I wouldn't but to much stock in what Kevin Trudue has to say. He strikes me as being an conspirisy type(Sorry can't spell that correctly). And as a nurse I find alot of his "findings" to be a bit nutty. As far as hCG injections go, you'd have to find a doctor that practices antiaging medicine, get a script and get it filled at a compounding pharmacy. To my knowledge they run in the thousands of dollars. I have recently started my own business (Acu-Pearce) in which I place a tiny surgical stainless steel clip on the middle cartilage of the ear to help in appetite reduction. I've lost 13 pounds in 7 weeks and the clips are still going strong. By the way the price I charge is fractional compared to getting hCG injections. Whatever you decide good luck.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedsuzieq View Post
I am reading Kevin Tredeau's book "The Weight Loss Protocal" where it advocates using HCG injections for weight loss. Does anyone know if there is a clinic in Las Vegas or Henderson that uses this method? I am very interested in getting started.
Funny you should ask. This story was in the Review Journal today.

ReviewJournal.com - News - Anti-aging doctor Mintz dies at 69

Old 06-06-2007, 08:41 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

HOw scarey...and he presumably knew what he is doing...and how old am I...ohhh sh#t....

Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
HOw scarey...and he presumably knew what he is doing...and how old am I...ohhh sh#t....
LOL Olecapt!!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 51,264 times
Default hcg

noennurse, you say that you wouldn't place too much confidence in Kevin's findings regarding HCG but YOU place a steel patch of some kind on ones ear lobe for weight loss? You call Kevin "Nutty"?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:28 PM

7 posts, read 69,957 times
Default ear clips

Hey, don't knock it till you tried it! And I still think KT is nutty!!!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 51,264 times
OK..well I don't agree with everything he says either. However your ear lobe thing of course triggers a nerve which acupressure enthusiasts say control appetite. HCG on the other hand makes the body produce more testosterone thus increasing the basal metabolic rate (calorie useage during sleep). Most people are overweight simply because they don't move enough. They have in essence turned their body into a slow buring engine when in fact with exercise and of course proper ratio of protein, fats and carbs. The real problem in weight loss isn't why a person can't lose weight, its why do they gain weight so easily. HCG addresses this issue where the acupressure point dosen't. I respect your holistic method and wanted to rattle your cage just a little. Wish you continues success.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 24,221 times
I'm a nurse who had 5 years experience in bariatric medicine, assisting a doctor in the greater Washington DC area (1980-1985) with his very busy practice.
Believing in the theory of Dr.Simeons HCG weight loss research project concluded in 1971, my physician was injecting his weight loss patients with HCG on a bi-weekly basis. In addition to injections, the patients were placed on restricitive 800 calories per day diet, and prescribed stimulant appetite suppressants (the exception being those patients who had significant hypertension, were on antidepressants, or had some type of medical condition aggravated by stimulants)
The above program continued for several years prior to my arrival at the practice, and for the first year I was under his employ.
Over the years, the doctor had conducted a longitudinal study for his personal interest to determine if use of HCG was the differential factor in successful SHORT TERM weight loss AND LONG TERM weight management.
He concluded that the use of HCG had little physiologically dynamic effect on initial weight loss success rates. This conclusion was determined by comparing patients samples who lost weight with HCG adjunct appetite suppressant therapy and those who did not receive the appetite suppressants (HCG injections alone) and a control groups who received a placebo injection.
Bear in mind that stimulant suppressants, and changes in ketone blood chemistry during low calorie dieting exert a diuretic effect, so weighing a patient on a scale alone will not reflect a true picture of actual fat loss. Patients were not only weighed on scales and measured at specific anatomical points, but more importantly BODY FAT percentage was was computed by electrical impedence testing.
The group who took the appetite suppressants achieved a significantly higher degree of FAT weight loss in pounds and inches compared to those who received HCG injections without diet pills. The group receiving diet pills also reported increases in energy and consequently increased physical endurance and activity.
However, the degree of weight loss, fatigue, headache, hunger complaints were similar between the placebo injection group and the HCG group suggesting that the use of HCG may ellicit a "placebo effect" among users. It's important to distinguish this note:Those subjects in this category who EXERCISED lost more weight than those who were sedentary EVEN THOSE SUBJECTS WHO BROKE THEIR RESTRICTIVE DIETS lost more fat when exercise was included.
Unfortunately most of our patients who participated in the study gained all of their weight back within two years. THE ONLY PATIENTS WHO HAVE LEARNED TO MANAGE A NORMAL WEIGHT FOR A LIFETIME ARE THOSE WHO DO NOT RELY ON SHOTS AND PILLS!!
Surgery excepted, IF your goal is a painless or effortless method to lose weight and keep it off forever then you are going to be very disappointed---- not to menton few hundred or thousand dollars poorer. Fad diets and weight loss potions surface every couple of years as promoted by charlatans who want to exploit your personal struggle. There is no such thing as magic pill or shot, for keeping one's weight under control is a lifetime commitment of sensible healthy diet and regular physical exercise.

Last edited by fatnomore13; 08-26-2007 at 02:49 PM..

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 23,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

that article was about hGH not hCG

hgh - human growth hormone
hCG - human chorionic gonadotropin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: