Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:26 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

In six weeks, I will make my 9th trip to LV. It will be the wife's 2nd. This time it will be different. Because this time it is ALL pleasure and NO business! The other times I was there, we had only Sunday free (only because we flew in a day early). The rest of the days were taken up by the National Assn of Broadcasters (NAB) convention and show. I had only nights free. This time we will be totally free! I will finally get to see the Grand Canyon too! Here are some of the activities we would like to do:

1. Cirque du Soleil. Seems expensive at $125 a pop but I have heard it is worh the money.
2. The Fab Four Show. I loved the Beatles and this looks like a good show and I understand that they do music from both the pop era and the psychedelic era too- and that they even change costumes between them!
3. The Motown Hitzville show. I liked Motown and have not heard much about this show but at the price looks good.
4. A day trip to see Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Want to see both really well (not just stop and take a quick picture). Can this be done in 1 day or should it be done in 2 days?
5. Jay Leno. Already bought the tickets for that on Sat night!
6. The Tower. Want to ride to the top and look down. Maybe do the rides too.
7. Adventuredome. It is in our hotel so that should be no problem.
8. New York, New York
9. The 4 Queens Comedy Club. I hear this is a bargain for the price.
10. A drive up to Mt Charleston.
11. If I can fit it in, a lunch trip to St Georges Utah. Never been in that state and would like to eat lunch there and do photos at The Temple and the Brigham Young Home- as long as they allow non LDS people at those places.
12. Wanted to spend a day at the water park but have been told it is not open. We will arrive Wednesday May 12th and leave the following Tuesday night. Obviously we may not be able to fit in all these things but I hope too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Sounds like you are going to have a great trip! Have fun!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
11. If I can fit it in, a lunch trip to St Georges Utah. Never been in that state and would like to eat lunch there and do photos at The Temple and the Brigham Young Home- as long as they allow non LDS people at those places.
St.George, Utah is really nice. Be careful though, visiting there can make some people want to move there. If you make it to St.George, drive a little further to Zion national park.
They also love when people visit the temple and want to take photos.
Their local newspaper can be found on thespectrum.com

Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
Pls. try to build in time to see Red Rock. One of my favorite places and about 15-20 minute drive from the Strip. If you have never seen a mountain, then of coarse Mt. Charleston next. You cannot do both the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam in one day. The Grand Canyon really needs at least 2 days and if you want to tour the Dam, plan on most of one morning. Going to see where the new bridge in Boulder was built is a beautiful, worthwhile ride too. Also the boat trip from the marina in Lake Mead. And also check previous posts about the great restaurants here because there are some great eatting experiences.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:04 PM

450 posts, read 1,514,377 times
If you're a Beatles lover, you should definitely see Beatles Love at the Mirage. I have heard it's outstanding, not sure if that's the Cirque du Soleil you were referring to.

If you do go to Utah, stop at Valley of Fire for a couple hours...it's really something to see.

Grand Canyon is quite a haul, unless you are up to doing the helicopter tour instead of driving there.

Red rock is beautiful as well, make a trip up there.

I have been to Zion and it's beautiful as well, lots of hiking/photo ops there.

NYNY is cool to see, but Venetian is more worthwhile imo. Much more romantic.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
1. Cirque du Soleil. Seems expensive at $125 a pop but I have heard it is worh the money. SEE THE LOVE SHOW...OR MYSTERE
2. The Fab Four Show. I loved the Beatles and this looks like a good show PASS and I understand that they do music from both the pop era and the psychedelic era too- and that they even change costumes between them!
3. The Motown Hitzville show. I liked Motown and have not heard much about this show but at the price looks good.DON'T KNOW THIS ONE
4. A day trip to see Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Want to see both really well (not just stop and take a quick picture). Can this be done in 1 day or should it be done in 2 days?2 DAYS
5. Jay Leno. Already bought the tickets for that on Sat night!Love the Tonight Show... honestly, fell asleep at the Mirage show.. terrible
6. The Tower. Want to ride to the top and look down. Maybe do the rides too.Definitely... do Insanity.. Go at night
7. Adventuredome. It is in our hotel so that should be no problem. Never been but why are you staying at one of the worst hotels in Vegas
8. New York, New York RollerCoaster is Cool
9. The 4 Queens Comedy Club. I hear this is a bargain for the price. Never been
10. A drive up to Mt Charleston. Definitely worth the trip
11. If I can fit it in, a lunch trip to St Georges Utah. Never been in that state and would like to eat lunch there and do photos at The Temple and the Brigham Young Home- as long as they allow non LDS people at those places. Not familiar
12. Wanted to spend a day at the water park ??? where???but have been told it is not open. We will arrive Wednesday May 12th and leave the following Tuesday night. Obviously we may not be able to fit in all these things but I hope too!

Most of all have fun... bring ALOT of green, we need all the help that you can get.....

If you are into cooking shows, check out the LIVE cooking show at the MResort.. You get to sample the food and get the buffet too... Also the Hostile Grape at the M is awesome too if you like wine..... IMO (not because i work at the M), Best Italian Restaurant...in Vegas that I have been to is Marinellis at the M.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Most of all have fun... bring ALOT of green, we need all the help that you can get.....

If you are into cooking shows, check out the LIVE cooking show at the MResort.. You get to sample the food and get the buffet too... Also the Hostile Grape at the M is awesome too if you like wine..... IMO (not because i work at the M), Best Italian Restaurant...in Vegas that I have been to is Marinellis at the M.
All I really want in the hotel is a bed and a pool. We will get up at 7 or 8, take an hour swim and fhen be gone until late at night. Don't even care if the TV works. The rate in CC was really good even with the $10 West Tower upgrade I optioned. It was much less than the other places I have stayed. I know you get what you pay for but I am looking for clean, not to noisy, safe and a pool. If anybody knows of a better deal, I am open to changes.

Last edited by KevK; 04-06-2010 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
No offense, you couldn't pay me to stay there... Especially since the other hotels are dirt cheap.. I didn't catch the dates you were coming.. NYNY is like 30 bucks a night during the week...If there was one hotel they would implode, it would be CC, except it has the adventure dome which is successful.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:45 PM

88 posts, read 258,176 times
Quote:
All I really want in the hotel is a bed and a pool. We will get up at 7 or 8, take an hour swim and fhen be gone until late at night. Don't even care if the TV works. The rate in CC was really good even with the $10 West Tower upgrade I optioned. It was much less than the other places I have stayed. I know you get what you pay for but I am looking for clean, not to noisy, safe and a pool. If anybody knows of a better deal, I am open to changes.
You can't really walk from CC to anywhere anyway so if you are trying to get a cheap hotel you should look for something off the Strip. Even if you just want the basics I'd avoid CC... There is a near 100% chance that at least one little kid has wet your bed.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:08 PM

232 posts, read 676,483 times
The Love show was awesome. A must for any Beatles fan. Well worth the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas