Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite grocery store in Las Vegas
Albertson's 10 13.89%
Smith's 35 48.61%
Vons 4 5.56%
Fresh and Easy 9 12.50%
Super Target 2 2.78%
Super Wal-Mart 12 16.67%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM

182 posts, read 247,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
The Smiths I have gone to were all nice. Seemed relatively new. I went to Albertsons once and started shopping...quit after a couple aisles, put the stuff back and left...way more expensive than Smiths. At least for what I buy.

And, yeah, I was going to say from the looks of your photo thread, (and it is great, btw. I am not finished yet, but it really keeps me going as I am dying to get back there! Plus, you have given my many more ideas of places to explore!)you don't cook much!
The Smiths on Sahara and Durango is dumpy, the Albertsons on Durango and Flamingo is better. I prefer Albertsons over the others, Vons is expensive so is Smith for the things I normally buy, I find Albertsons to be the cheapest amongst the three. I like the neighbourhood Walmart in front of College of Southern Nevada on Charleston, the Strip mall is designed to appeal to the college students across the street, nice really.

Thanks for checking the photo thread. I don't cook really, if I do, I have to eat the food for a few days. No sense cooking for a single meal, just a waste of time and money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM

930 posts, read 1,823,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl4 View Post
I love Fresh & Easy, mostly because they have boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.97/lb in big packs mostly 2-3 times a month. In the summer, they make up awesome griller packs of meat for like $10.99, and their canned vegetables are almost always cheaper than Smith's & Albertsons. My second favorite is Smith's though....seems like Albertson's is always out of something I need.
I F&E too but their variety of brands is limited due to their size and they dont take mfg coupons, just their own that they print in their weekly ad paper. Also, most of their produce is sold in multi-packs and sometimes you only need to buy 1, like a green pepper or something like that.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,974,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhiker10 View Post
The Smiths on Sahara and Durango is dumpy, the Albertsons on Durango and Flamingo is better. I prefer Albertsons over the others, Vons is expensive so is Smith for the things I normally buy, I find Albertsons to be the cheapest amongst the three. I like the neighbourhood Walmart in front of College of Southern Nevada on Charleston, the Strip mall is designed to appeal to the college students across the street, nice really.

Thanks for checking the photo thread. I don't cook really, if I do, I have to eat the food for a few days. No sense cooking for a single meal, just a waste of time and money.
In that case, (cooking single)I would think you would really like F&E as they have lots of premade stuff, great for singles! I think some of their stuff is very good!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,344,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
I F&E too but their variety of brands is limited due to their size and they dont take mfg coupons, just their own that they print in their weekly ad paper. Also, most of their produce is sold in multi-packs and sometimes you only need to buy 1, like a green pepper or something like that.
Sign up to get the weekly fliers in your email and they give you better coupons. Instead of the $3 off $30 in the circular, you can get $6 off $30 on their site.
Many times they offer $10 off of $50 on their site too. And everytime they have a grand opening in your area, they send out the $5 off of $20 and $10 off of $50.
Their prices are so much cheaper for things I always buy that you really don't need coupons. At least I don't. I don't get the newspaper anymore, and they always had the sunday coupons. I really don't miss them.

In the Fresh and Easy store's I shop at, they offer single apples, avocados, lemons, pears, melons,etc. All you have to do is tell them you want to buy things in singles, and they make changes to accomodate customer's. They encourage feedback from their shoppers. So go online to their site and tell them what you want and where you shop.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 PM

182 posts, read 247,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
In that case, (cooking single)I would think you would really like F&E as they have lots of premade stuff, great for singles! I think some of their stuff is very good!
I'll check it out, there is one nearby at Fort Apache and Desert Inn. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 PM

450 posts, read 1,517,285 times
:*( I always practice cooking for 2 in hopes one day I'll find my other half!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:48 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,311,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Sign up to get the weekly fliers in your email and they give you better coupons. Instead of the $3 off $30 in the circular, you can get $6 off $30 on their site.
Many times they offer $10 off of $50 on their site too. And everytime they have a grand opening in your area, they send out the $5 off of $20 and $10 off of $50.
Their prices are so much cheaper for things I always buy that you really don't need coupons. At least I don't. I don't get the newspaper anymore, and they always had the sunday coupons. I really don't miss them.

In the Fresh and Easy store's I shop at, they offer single apples, avocados, lemons, pears, melons,etc. All you have to do is tell them you want to buy things in singles, and they make changes to accomodate customer's. They encourage feedback from their shoppers. So go online to their site and tell them what you want and where you shop.
I have tried that, but they did not listen. I like Fresh and Easy, but I can not conveniently go there. I refuse to shop there for that reason. They do not have any of them near my house. However, they have one right by my job at Warm Springs and Eastern. But, they have the most stupid hours unlike Smiths which is 24 hours. They are open from 7 AM to 10PM. I work 10:30PM to 6:30AM so that does not work. I do not want to sit and wait for a half hour out front when I get off of work, and I do not want to go to work a half an hour early either. I made a suggestion on their site, but they ignored me. They can go to hell as far as I am concerned.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,974,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have tried that, but they did not listen. I like Fresh and Easy, but I can not conveniently go there. I refuse to shop there for that reason. They do not have any of them near my house. However, they have one right by my job at Warm Springs and Eastern. But, they have the most stupid hours unlike Smiths which is 24 hours. They are open from 7 AM to 10PM. I work 10:30PM to 6:30AM so that does not work. I do not want to sit and wait for a half hour out front when I get off of work, and I do not want to go to work a half an hour early either. I made a suggestion on their site, but they ignored me. They can go to hell as far as I am concerned.
Wow...(see your status) I think it is a bit unfair to ask them to change their hours as opposed to adding single servings of items. C'mon now. So, basically you don't leave your house until you have to go to work then?

You're right...nice for some to live in a 24 hour town. In other states you operate around the hours stores are open.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 PM

946 posts, read 2,609,785 times
They can go to hell as far as I am concerned.[/quote]

Yo LVD, in Vegas, they already are.

I offered you a free drink let me know when you want to collect. My auto repair shop operates on the principle of feast or famine... And right now, I am on feast. Strike while the iron is hot. Adios Carlos

Old 04-13-2010, 09:43 PM

946 posts, read 2,609,785 times
P.S. The Von's closest to my house sucks--no Adams peanut butter, no clam dip for chips.

I drove by and stopped at a grocery store on LV boulevard just south of the state complex, I think it's called LA Store, a real slice of old Vegas, everything you could imagine and all of it covered in dust. They do have the best made in Mexico ice cream bars, unreal bars with actual coconut and pineapple-- and a great environment for my family to see what Old Vegas is really about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas