Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite grocery store in Las Vegas
Albertson's 10 13.89%
Smith's 35 48.61%
Vons 4 5.56%
Fresh and Easy 9 12.50%
Super Target 2 2.78%
Super Wal-Mart 12 16.67%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,260,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Wow...(see your status) I think it is a bit unfair to ask them to change their hours as opposed to adding single servings of items. C'mon now. So, basically you don't leave your house until you have to go to work then?

You're right...nice for some to live in a 24 hour town. In other states you operate around the hours stores are open.
Kimba,

I really am a friendly and lovable drunk. This post was not directed at PinkString at all, it was only directed at Fresh and Easy. They are in the wrong. There is an Albertsons (24 hours) and a Walmart neigborhood market (24 hours) all in the same intersection. Smiths is a half mile out of my way, but is also 24 hours. They need to change their name to "Fresh but Inconvenient." I leave for work at 10:15 which gets me there a few minutes before 10:30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 09:52 PM

"I offered you a free drink let me know when you want to collect. My auto repair shop operates on the principle of feast or famine... And right now, I am on feast. Strike while the iron is hot. Adios Carlos"

I am on the strip every Friday night. Anyone who wants to say hello, buy me a drink or whatever is always welcome.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,953,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Kimba,

I really am a friendly and lovable drunk. This post was not directed at PinkString at all, it was only directed at Fresh and Easy. They are in the wrong. There is an Albertsons (24 hours) and a Walmart neigborhood market (24 hours) all in the same intersection. Smiths is a half mile out of my way, but is also 24 hours. They need to change their name to "Fresh but Inconvenient." I leave for work at 10:15 which gets me there a few minutes before 10:30.
LOL! I didn't think it was personal.

Well, at least you do have options. That's a plus.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,300,380 times
Quote:
I have tried that, but they did not listen. I like Fresh and Easy, but I can not conveniently go there. I refuse to shop there for that reason. They do not have any of them near my house. However, they have one right by my job at Warm Springs and Eastern. But, they have the most stupid hours unlike Smiths which is 24 hours. They are open from 7 AM to 10PM. I work 10:30PM to 6:30AM so that does not work. I do not want to sit and wait for a half hour out front when I get off of work, and I do not want to go to work a half an hour early either. I made a suggestion on their site, but they ignored me. They can go to hell as far as I am concerned.
Just because a store is not conveniently located near you and they don't have the hours you demand, and because you didn't hear back from them, you say they can go to hell? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And very insulting to my favorite store as well. I wonder how "nice" you were in your email to them.
Try sending them a nicer one next time. Maybe they will reply.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 AM

23,235 posts, read 29,075,721 times
I've been a Food4Less buyer since the day I arrived 13+ years ago. Just on principle, I will not shop at a store where I have to carry any extra weight in my wallet, meaning, a card.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:40 AM

16,395 posts, read 30,307,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Just because a store is not conveniently located near you and they don't have the hours you demand, and because you didn't hear back from them, you say they can go to hell? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And very insulting to my favorite store as well. I wonder how "nice" you were in your email to them.
Try sending them a nicer one next time. Maybe they will reply.
A store not having convenient hours seems to be a very valid complaint to me!

Personally, F&E stores are very unimpressive and are a shadow to the great stores that Tesco runs in the UK.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:03 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,588,276 times
There arent a lot of 24 hour stores where I live, with the exception of Wal-Mart

LVD's complaint is only to his lifestyle. The store I currently work at in FL is 7Am-10PM.

Personally I think 10PM is too late to be open, grocery stores should close at 9, and open at 9. No offense to LVD as he is my friend but I feel if you cannot get to the store within that 12 hour window (9-9) too bad, you had plenty of time and you put it off and not getting to the store on time is your own fault. (no offense to you LVD this is just my own opinion)

Im sure if I ended up working at Smith's, Vons, or Albertson's I'd end up working till midnight or overnight, I work till midnight where I work now and I hate it

Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,300,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
A store not having convenient hours seems to be a very valid complaint to me!

Personally, F&E stores are very unimpressive and are a shadow to the great stores that Tesco runs in the UK.
Their new store hours are 9am to 9pm. For all you Tesco hater's out there, there's more to complain about.
For all of us who shop during normal business hours, it doesn't affect us in any way.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Their new store hours are 9am to 9pm. For all you Tesco hater's out there, there's more to complain about.
For all of us who shop during normal business hours, it doesn't affect us in any way.
It was 7 AM to 10PM when I emailed them over a year ago. In all honesty, wouldn't you admit 9-9 is even worse? I just checked their website, and the Tropicana and Eastern location is still "coming soon", just like it was a year ago. I rest my case with this company.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 PM

182 posts, read 246,494 times
Quote:
It was 7 AM to 10PM when I emailed them over a year ago. In all honesty, wouldn't you admit 9-9 is even worse? I just checked their website, and the Tropicana and Eastern location is still "coming soon", just like it was a year ago. I rest my case with this company.
Company not doing well, the F&E on Sahara and Decatur next to TGI Fridays has been on hold for a long time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas