Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM

81 posts, read 166,053 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of this company? visacoach.com

Stepson is looking into it (for issue I posted about before) and it looks like one of those too good to be true websites but I'm not finding much about them. Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them before, the good bad and ugly so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 06:42 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Never heard of them but looked over the website and enjoyed the small print at the bottom of the page, viz (emphasis mine):

"Fred Wahl is Bonded by the State of California as an Immigration Consultant, qualified to coach in the non-legal, technical procedures of immigration form preparation, and document selection. Whenever legal advice or legal representation is needed, the service of a qualified Immigration Attorney should be sought."

Seems what he does is give you the same information you can find on the USCIS website but in simpler terms than the already simple terms used there. Enjoyed the picture of his young wife too ...

Old 01-31-2014, 05:07 AM

Yeah I noticed that as well. Also came to the same conclusion. I want him to find the information he needs on his own, but I also don't want him to be taken in by some dweeb who has a colorful website.

He's looking for easy answers that fall into lines that he wants, and it's going to get him into trouble if he doesn't ask the right questions. Looking long term has never been a strong skill with him.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Run do not walk!!! What country is the bride to be from?

Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM

He's from the US, she's from Canada. They've alternated talking about her coming here or he going there. Neither one is as easy as he'd like to think it is. He's in for a rude awakening if he doesn't do it right.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:25 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk2TN View Post
He's from the US, she's from Canada. They've alternated talking about her coming here or he going there. Neither one is as easy as he'd like to think it is. He's in for a rude awakening if he doesn't do it right.
This was all pretty much hashed out in your earlier thread but all you can do is give him your thoughts and opinions (assuming he asks for them) and then let him make his own decisions. If he invests money in something like this guy's operation he should absolutely finance it himself and certainly you shouldn't get involved in any of that aspect. Good luck - and thanks again for posting that link as I really did get a good chuckle out of it!

Old 02-01-2014, 07:07 AM

Oh, we're not paying one penny towards this endeavor. If he's really in love with her and not just playing white knight, than he can foot the entire bill. I'll help get him to the airport (but he's paying for gas) and we'll help him move (again with him paying gas) if that's what he decides to do and we'll give him all the feedback he's willing to take, but I'm not giving one penny towards this. Yes I know you can't help who your heart loves, but he should have to pay (financially, mentally, emotionally, ect) for everything involved with falling for someone from another country.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:05 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
That service must be legitimate and high quality ... after all, Fred notes that couples must have a genuine, BONE FIDE relationship.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Save your money. Use the links here for the information you require.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:34 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk2TN View Post
Has anyone heard of this company? visacoach.com

Stepson is looking into it (for issue I posted about before) and it looks like one of those too good to be true websites but I'm not finding much about them. Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them before, the good bad and ugly so to speak.
I know of his company. He's a document preparer, he can not offer you insurance, and if he steers you wrong, there's no one who will care. Not USCIS or California.

He's a visa coach who specializes in bringing East Asian brides to the US.

I hope that clues you in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration