Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 01:57 PM

522 posts, read 722,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Could they have held so called conditional Green Cards?
that's a million dollar question.
unfortunately, I lost touch with them once they moved back..
I know some had some rub with law, so that - surely - would impact their qualifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 06:53 AM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
that's a million dollar question.
unfortunately, I lost touch with them once they moved back..
I know some had some rub with law, so that - surely - would impact their qualifications.
Was it a rub or serious injury)) People move back home for various reasons. Often they do not discuss this with acquaintances in detail.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,546 times
Hello again.

Update on my post.

Went in for finger printing on 9/9/14 for my citizenship application/ case , got it done , while I was there I asked to speak to a manager to see if I can get some answers about my green card case , she said "" I dont know why they accepted your citizenship application when your green card is about to expire , they should of declined the application and asked you to file the I90 renewal form ( green card renewal form ) first.". She also said make an appointment through u.s.c.i.s circus website and take 3 passport photos , a check and all your documents and a filled out I90 application they should be able to help you.

After staying up really late several days ( pass 2 am ) and getting really early in the morning( 330 am ) attempting to get an appointment , Finally I did get one . for 9/12/14.at 1:30 pm

Went down to local U.s.c.i.s circus today 1.5 hours early . went to appointment window , was told I should of filled the form on line and brought the receipt down , I asked her can i do it on my phone and pay for it . she said yes , so I created an account logged in ,filled the form,attempted to pay for the I90 form , the web site says "" we can not accept payment at this time please try back later.went to the window asked to see a supervisor regardless ,since the U.s.c.i.c circus appointment web site says ""You want to file an application in person"" . and that was my appointment for .
Apparently the U.s.c.i.s circus doesn't accept application in person or accept payment of any sort at the field office , but they have cashiers window , next to the appointment window where I was standing. I asked to see an agent , I was told I cant see an agent until , I file the I 90 on line and take the receipt in . and I cant just walk in, I have to make another appointment to bring the receipt in . SOooo I am back to square one again , I have to make an appointment . logged to the web site attempted to make another appointment ,the U.s.c.I.s circus web site says ""At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. ""

Who knew it was going to be a wonderful educational experience , I learned today that I.N.s is like a circus , where you can not get a straight answer from no one , If i knew I was going to go through so much headache , I would of filed for my I90 first , and wouldn't of lost my job.

It Is so nice to see our tax dollars at work ....

Old 09-13-2014, 04:24 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
^^^ Aside from this and getting back to your reason for posting in the first place, your employer is still wrong.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamot View Post
Hello .

My green card will expire September 19th 2014 , I have already applied for U.S. citizenship in July 2014.
I did get my conformation receipt from I.N.S that they have got my Citizenship application.
Now my employer is telling me they will suspend me from my employment ,if I don't have a valid green card and she doesn't want to except the receipt for my citizenship. I have called I.N.S few times to verify that i can work while I am waiting for citizenship process ,I.N.S said " yes you can work and you don't have renew your green card " but they wont Issue any type of E mail or document to get my employer off my back .I even tried to make an appointment Trough I.N.S Infopass web site it say"s ""At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."" I did countless hours of web search I cant find any info regarding this matter.

What do I do now?? If i renew my card will it complicate or delay the citizenship process? will it delay the green card process??

Any advise greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Get an extension for the GC.

That's all you have to do.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Get an extension for the GC.

That's all you have to do.
And even if that's not done in timely fashion, her employer is still dead wrong! In any case, you can't get an "extension" of a GC. The status is "forever" barring criminal acts or failure to adhere to the commitments attached to it but it's simply the card which is now renewable every 10 years with the price to renew hefty.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 PM

282 posts, read 444,541 times
And the person who took your fingerprints gave you bad information. USCIS was right in not rejecting your citizenship application. You can file it even if your card is expired since, as STT notes, your status has not expired, just the evidence of it.

The fingerprints are done at an Application Support Center (ASC). They are NOT government officials. They are contractors and their ONLY job is to take your biometrics. They have no business spouting off about the process. And, as this has made clear, they don't know what they're talking about.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:55 PM

41 posts, read 92,314 times
Get a Immigration Lawyer...and the problem is solved. America is a country of law. And a lawyer will make sure of your legal status in the USA. resident or citizen...lawyer solves it. I used one and all went fast and smooth.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:46 AM

983 posts, read 1,635,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie13100 View Post
Get a Immigration Lawyer...and the problem is solved. America is a country of law. And a lawyer will make sure of your legal status in the USA. resident or citizen...lawyer solves it. I used one and all went fast and smooth.
The American Immigration Lawyers Association likes this message.

In reality the employer is just wrong. Just wait for the citizenship process to finish. You already filled the forms, which is exactly what the lawyer would do... Actually, since it's been filed already, it's likely that the laywyer's advice will be exactly that: do nothing. $500 for the consultation, please.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
$500 for the consultation, please.
Sorry, my response and fee trumped yours and my fee is twice that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration