Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 10:01 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ok I found the application online and this is what it asks:
" Have you ever violated any law related to possessing, using, or distributing illegal drugs?" So answer yes and explain the circumstances.
No. Ask an attorney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 10:34 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Do not lie. Immigration goes back forever. If you don't know an answer, write "unsure" or :"do not know." A lie or cover-up can result in a lifetime ban.
My thoughts exactly! Plus I would get an immigration lawyer!!

Old 02-02-2017, 11:47 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
You need to speak to an immigration attorney. And do NOT lie on any immigration form! Without speaking to an immigration attorney, you need to say yes you were arrested, yes you were convicted - you did community service - thus you were convicted or you plead guilty. Just because you were a minor and the record was expunged does not mean it was 100% wiped out of the court system.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:47 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Just say no to all of it. Your juvenile record has been expunged.
Really?? Likely depends upon the resident state and a few other variables. I wouldn't tell anymore such a general statement.

OP....You really need someone to advise you in person. See if you can talk to an immigration attorney, ask for a free consult.

There should be plenty of folks new to the immigration field willing to help, especially right now.

Sounds like this is a very critical situation for you and you do not want to take advise from any of us folks that aren't attorney's.

Here is a link that identifys immigration attorney's near you, wherever you live in the U.S. If you are in another country, perhaps there will be something similar that you can search for online.

Verified Immigration Lawyers - LawInfo

Here's a link to "Free" immigration attorney's (that's what the link says anyway, free)
attorneyslegalsupport.com

Thanks for trying to do it the right way!

Old 02-02-2017, 12:02 PM

In Germany, I had to obtain a good conduct certificate from the police for the U.S. DHS. If that is fine, you are good to go.
They accepted that and did not dig deeper. They don't have the power to look into Germany's database.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:09 PM

24,529 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
In Germany, I had to obtain a good conduct certificate from the police for the U.S. DHS. If that is fine, you are good to go.
They accepted that and did not dig deeper. They don't have the power to look into Germany's database.
You would be surprised.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:10 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,485,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak23 View Post
To make it short and sweet i was 17 when i got caught smoking weed in public. I was taken in the station, fingerprinted and had to wait for my mom to pick me up. I had teen court a month later and i was to do 16hrs of community service and a drug and alcohol abuse class. After completion my record was to be expunged which it was.

Need some help answering the questions below:

23. Have you EVER been arrested,cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?

I selected yes.

24. Have you ever been charged with committing, attempting to commit, or assisting in committing a crime or offense?

I am confused on what to put here since i really don't know if i was ever charged or not.

25. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense?

Not sure what to put for this because of my incident. But i would guess and say "no"? Since i did what they required me to do and my record was cleared?

Also, what would i put as the outcome of my disposition?
No charges filed / charges dismissed?

I don't have any of the documents from that time so i am not exactly sure which one it is. I tired to get a police report but they don't have it. I went to district court and had my record checked and it came out clean.
Right there in bold red is your answer.

It was expunged, which means it was like it never even happened.

You are NOW, as of the expunging, LEGALLY able to answer NO to ALL of those questions.

They CAN'T find it because it is as if It never existed, they had to destroy it.

ASk me how I know. {no don't my record is now CLEAN too}

Even if they find out you were fingerprinted, there is NO record for it, and many parents have their children fingerprinted for SAFETY reasons, so they can be found in missing persons or worse, by dead body fingerprinting {if eligible}

Old 02-02-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
You would be surprised.
Ok. They CHOSE not to dig deeper.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post

You are NOW, as of the expunging, LEGALLY able to answer NO to ALL of those questions.

They CAN'T find it because it is as if It never existed, they had to destroy it.

Even if they find out you were fingerprinted, there is NO record for it, and many parents have their children fingerprinted for SAFETY reasons, so they can be found in missing persons or worse, by dead body fingerprinting {if eligible}

^^^^^^^^^ this.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:30 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post

Same thing I said early in this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration