Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:19 AM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times

Advertisements

WES may transcribe your associate as high school.
Scholarships for foreign students are almost unobtainable.
One of the requirements for a student visa is proof of funds - liquid for the first year tuition/living expenses/emergencies and source of funds for the remaining period. You will not qualify for in-state tuition.
Work for pay is limited to jobs on campus plus there are hour limitations.
You will have the opportunity for one year paid internship in your field after graduation. Then you will be back to square one - no visa.

Are you an EU resident? If so - have you checked out some of the possibilities within the EU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Are you an EU resident? If so - have you checked out some of the possibilities within the EU?
Already asked the OP that one and his response was, "Thanks for your replies, I'll see -and no, I dont really want to live in EU."

I don't blame him for trying if living in the US is his dream but he's been directed to all the relevant links about immigration and still seems to think that some magic loophole is going to get him here with a high school education, a little vocational school, NO employment record and no money. Hope springs eternal!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Already asked the OP that one and his response was, "Thanks for your replies, I'll see -and no, I dont really want to live in EU."

I don't blame him for trying if living in the US is his dream but he's been directed to all the relevant links about immigration and still seems to think that some magic loophole is going to get him here with a high school education, a little vocational school, NO employment record and no money. Hope springs eternal!
I apologize. Unfortunately rumors paired with Hollywood often create an unrealistic picture of daily life in the US.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 AM
cel cel started this thread

20 posts, read 57,738 times
What ? I Can now understand that I can't get there with just high school + vocational. I just posted that I'm thinking maybe I can get student visa...

And Threestep - what are you talking about...

Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel View Post
What ? I Can now understand that I can't get there with just high school + vocational. I just posted that I'm thinking maybe I can get student visa...

And Threestep - what are you talking about...
Young man, you obviously have not read the requirements you've been directed to for immigration which are posted right on this site at the top of this page under, "immigration links" and you obviously haven't read/comprehended all the responses to understand what poster "Threestep" is saying.

I can understand an excuse that your English is not very good (actually VERY good considering that you come from Eastern Europe) but what DON'T you understand through simple comprehension?

Let me once again be perfectly blunt and try to word it so that there is no confusion.

You have a basic high school education, a bit of vocational training but no degree at all. You have no work experience. You have no money so cannot afford to come into the US to pursue a basic US education. I really shouldn't have to repeat but all this information where immigration is concerned is available via the links provided at the top of this page.

You have been given the information you need by very nice and patient people. You currently have NO CHANCE of getting into the US by any means so please stop wasting everyone's time. I doubt you'd qualify for Australian immigration either.

You have way more options to search for employment with your EU status and I don't understand your negatively dismissal comment where EU employment is concerned as the EU covers a major diversity of job opportunities, geographical and cultural differences.

Good luck to you in the future but I confess that your posts are beginning to severely irritate me as it's obvious that you're just not paying attention and really not doing the immigration research which has been put right under your nose (despite your protestations to the contrary and evidenced by your posts.)

Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Young man, you obviously have not read the requirements you've been directed to for immigration which are posted right on this site at the top of this page under, "immigration links" and you obviously haven't read/comprehended all the responses to understand what poster "Threestep" is saying.

I can understand an excuse that your English is not very good (actually VERY good considering that you come from Eastern Europe) but what DON'T you understand through simple comprehension?

Let me once again be perfectly blunt and try to word it so that there is no confusion.

You have a basic high school education, a bit of vocational training but no degree at all. You have no work experience. You have no money so cannot afford to come into the US to pursue a basic US education. I really shouldn't have to repeat but all this information where immigration is concerned is available via the links provided at the top of this page.

You have been given the information you need by very nice and patient people. You currently have NO CHANCE of getting into the US by any means so please stop wasting everyone's time. I doubt you'd qualify for Australian immigration either.

You have way more options to search for employment with your EU status and I don't understand your negatively dismissal comment where EU employment is concerned as the EU covers a major diversity of job opportunities, geographical and cultural differences.

Good luck to you in the future but I confess that your posts are beginning to severely irritate me as it's obvious that you're just not paying attention and really not doing the immigration research which has been put right under your nose (despite your protestations to the contrary and evidenced by your posts.)
Very well written! I am beginning to wonder if the OP even has a basic education otherwise he would have understand what everybody is telling him...

Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 AM
cel cel started this thread

20 posts, read 57,738 times
True, I didn't read Threestep's post through carefully now after second reading I got it and I also looked links that are in first post... and yes now after reading it and thanks to Threestep's post I can understand.

Anyway, Thank you.

Last edited by cel; 06-24-2009 at 11:04 AM..

Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,066,590 times
Exclamation Last warning: Stop your abusive posts!

Quote:

STT, T-310, and bentlebee, you are all WAY OUT OF LINE. Opining at the end of your advice is fine, but dedicating a post to attacking someone who's asking a legitimate question is not.

T-310, you've offered nothing helpful to this discussion, instead you gleefully shrill "not possible" every chance you get. You are, indeed, the perfect USCIS employee, but a poor addition to the legal immigration forum.

STT, the OP consistently asked what the costs would be associated with immigrating to the United States. Berating every poster for not reading through the sticky links at the top is completely unhelpful. Saying that the OP has NO CHANCE of immigrating is patently false information. Though his chances are slim and the road is long, expensive, and difficult, the OP does have a chance to immigrate, as does nearly anyone who is of good standing in a foreign country.

Bentelbee, please stop cheerleading and go away if you don't have any pertinent working knowledge of the US immigration system that you'd care to share.

This is NOT a debate forum, NOR is this a forum where you can come and browbeat someone for their lack of understanding of the system or for asking simple questions, no matter how often they repeat them. If you want to do that, please GO BACK TO THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION FORUM or the CONTROVERSIES forum, and STOP POLLUTING THIS ONE.

I, and the other serious posters here have lost patience with all of you and we will be reporting each and every one of your unhelpful and/or offensive posts from this point forward. If you really want Rance to sort you out, then keep posting as you have been.

If you have something helpful to add--or warnings to give, give it if you can tone down your rhetoric and holier-than-thou attitudes. If you can't handle that, then please stop making unhelpful and abusive posts in this topic.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
STT, T-310, and bentlebee, you are all WAY OUT OF LINE. Opining at the end of your advice is fine, but dedicating a post to attacking someone who's asking a legitimate question is not.

T-310, you've offered nothing helpful to this discussion, instead you gleefully shrill "not possible" every chance you get. You are, indeed, the perfect USCIS employee, but a poor addition to the legal immigration forum.

STT, the OP consistently asked what the costs would be associated with immigrating to the United States. Berating every poster for not reading through the sticky links at the top is completely unhelpful. Saying that the OP has NO CHANCE of immigrating is patently false information. Though his chances are slim and the road is long, expensive, and difficult, the OP does have a chance to immigrate, as does nearly anyone who is of good standing in a foreign country.

Bentelbee, please stop cheerleading and go away if you don't have any pertinent working knowledge of the US immigration system that you'd care to share.

This is NOT a debate forum, NOR is this a forum where you can come and browbeat someone for their lack of understanding of the system or for asking simple questions, no matter how often they repeat them. If you want to do that, please GO BACK TO THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION FORUM or the CONTROVERSIES forum, and STOP POLLUTING THIS ONE.

I, and the other serious posters here have lost patience with all of you and we will be reporting each and every one of your unhelpful and/or offensive posts from this point forward. If you really want Rance to sort you out, then keep posting as you have been.

If you have something helpful to add--or warnings to give, give it if you can tone down your rhetoric and holier-than-thou attitudes. If you can't handle that, then please stop making unhelpful and abusive posts in this topic.
Sponger42, I can only respond to your diatribe where my posts are concerned.

Before I even answered the OP's question I looked to his previous posts to get an idea from whence he was coming, obviously something which you in your apparently greater wisdom overlooked.

It was obvious from those previous posts that as genuine were his requests for information he was very young, had a dream but a limited education where immigration criteria is concerned, no employment history and no financial resources. He was given links to immigration information which was right here on this forum but carried on asking questions without apparently spending the time to research all that right-to-hand information. If you read his last post before your diatribe it's obvious that he only just started to review that information ... good for him!

Obviously not having bothered to research the little background he offered, your first response to him was to advise him that he would require minimum $500,000. Your subsequent two posts again hinged on the financial aspect of getting an education in the US - again an issue which, had you read his previous posts, you would have known full well was not within his realm of possibility.

In no way do I see from any of my posts in response to this young man's questions that I have attacked him in any way, shape or form and positing a catch-all of, " ... OP does have a chance to immigrate, as does nearly anyone who is of good standing in a foreign country" is laughably lame and no help at all.

In response to your comment that, "I, and the other serious posters here have lost patience with all of you and we will be reporting each and every one of your unhelpful and/or offensive posts from this point forward. If you really want Rance to sort you out, then keep posting as you have been.." all I can say is, please go ahead and do what you think is right at any particular time.

I stand by my posts and of course should add in closing that I've never contributed to either the "illegal" or the "controversies" forums and that I find your diatribe personally offensive and uncalled for. But I won't report you as you are of course entitled to your opinion. Cheers!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:50 PM

Hello!!!
Can y'all get back to the basics please?
What costs are associated with immigrating? In my book that is not only finances but also education and preperation. Visa fees can be pulled off USCIS.com as well as the requirements for all immigration and non-immigration visas to the US.
The poster gave some information about his educational/professional background which at this point does not qualify him for H1B and probably not for an in-house transfer. Potentially community college but that may present a financial issue for him.
Just FYI - marriage for the purpose of immigration is not a good idea for everybody involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration