Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,197 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Lower Macungie Township for eight years, and have belonged to both pools. The Lower Macungie Township pool is at the old Brookside Country Club location. It's really nice with lots of trees. It has a diving board. What I don't like about it is it seems much colder than the Macungie Pool. It also has a very small 3' area, but a huge 4'-6' area. If you have kids who only go in the 3' area, you may find it too crowded. Another thing is that the baby pool (which has a really cool "mushroom" that has water flowing over it) is separated by a fence. Depending on your situation, that may be good or bad. When I had one in the baby pool and one in the bigger pool it really posed a problem. They also have adult swim every hour! This drives me crazy, because your kids have to get out of the pool for 15 minutes every hour. Also, no pool toys are allowed at all.

I prefer the Macungie Pool. It's not as luxurious looking with the trees, although it has some shade. But it's known as the "fun" pool. They usually only have adult swim when it's really busy, and usually only a couple times in an afternoon. During the adult swim, they have something called a "bubble walk" where the kids walk around the edge of the pool, stepping on numbered bubbles that are painted on the cement. When the music stops, they stay on their number. If that number is called they win a candy prize. They also have a slide, but no diving board. The 3' section is huge! And the baby pool is right next to the 3' section. Great if you have kids that go in both. The baby pool has several plastic toys like a kitchen set that the kids can play with too. And in the big pool you're allowed to use noodles (that they provide) or you can bring your own smaller things like water balls, etc.

Hope this helps, and happy swimming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 07:41 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,182,193 times
I don't want to get this off topic, but does anybody know if the pool near Neffs is still open?

It was a huge pool, and at least half of it was only 3-4 feet deep. Great for little kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley