Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,090 times

Advertisements

I work at the Kroger in gardenside I do not live there I would advise against it three armed robberies in as many months just on the Kroger premises. One was in daylight right outside the Kroger drive through. Be very careful we have creepy men lurking the parking lot too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM

72 posts, read 297,296 times
Alexandria Drive is a long road...the section nearest Versailles Road are just plain yucky, for my tastes. I was in 6 apartment buildings in the last month, all run by Modern Property Management. Most were total dives...there's a whole run of apartment buildings, mostly one bedroom in that section, just west of the post office on Versailles. I'm talking stained and intensely smelly carpet, bugs, broken windows, tubs and sinks that looked as though they had come straight from a bad junkyard.
On the direct opposite side of Versailles, Modern Prop. Mgmt had a few renovated buildings in a lot better shape, but they are close to Oxford Circle, and I can't even begin to describe the condition that area is in...think slum, and you're close.
Alexandria Drive goes from outright crap neighborhoods, to decent little houses, but you have to be really careful what's around you. Some decent neighborhoods are just a few blocks away from the rundown ones. As you drive east on it, it turns into Lane Allen Road until it hits Harrodsburg Road.
Sorry, but sometimes the really lower income neighborhoods equals higher crime, and this element spreads to the bordering neighborhoods...

RAIDS Online: Regional Analysis and Information Sharing

here's the RAIDS crime index map, and it updates all the time.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM

218 posts, read 637,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarabeth View Post
As you drive east on it, it turns into Lane Allen Road until it hits Harrodsburg Road.
Correction: Alexandria CROSSES Lane Allen and continues until it reaches Harrodsburg Rd. Lane Allen run from Clays Mill to Parkers Mill Rd.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM

72 posts, read 297,296 times
thanks! Sometimes my brain freezes

Old 03-09-2013, 04:49 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUT222 View Post
I work at the Kroger in gardenside I do not live there I would advise against it three armed robberies in as many months just on the Kroger premises. One was in daylight right outside the Kroger drive through. Be very careful we have creepy men lurking the parking lot too
I lived in nearby Skycrest from 1994 to 1996 when I was a pre teen. We shopped at that Kroger all the time and it was as nice as the one at Millpond (Boston Rd). I moved back to the area from 2011 to 2012 and could not believe how much that area had declined. Walking into the store I witnessed bold face drug deals right in front of the door. All the higher end stores in the area have left and been replaced with loan stores and strip clubs. A man was shot to death in the parking lot in front of Dollar General a while back. Cross Keys Park - where I used to walk with an older cousin to feed ducks - has now been taken over by criminals and is also a popular place to sale drugs. 3 people were shot in one incident a few years back. Other parts of Lexington - like South Broadway - have improved but that area is going down the crapper in a hurry

Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 AM

822 posts, read 3,003,253 times
I didn't read everything, and I saw this corrected a few times, but Gardenside goes to James Lane Allen and Garden Springs goes to Garden Springs Elementary.

I am sorry, but both are now near the bottom of the schools in the county. My child attended one year at JLA and we love the principal, but had a very tough year (teachers and administrators feel they need to be "tough" because of the demographics). The recent scores for Garden Springs Elementary were shocking and many think were a fluke as it has traditionally been quite a nice and decently ranked school.

Anyhow, I find Gardenside to be a gem of an area, and you are in stellar schools for middle and high school (Beaumont and Dunbar).

Whether or not I would recommend living over there depends on (a) budget and thus other options, (b) whether you have elementary aged children, (c) whether you mean a house or one of the apartments on Alexandria (i.e. near Versailles Road); (d) renting or buying ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area