Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 08:29 PM

283 posts, read 1,026,086 times

Advertisements

Hi to all of you good people who have put up with my posts thus far

Does anyone have any specific information (or even general information) about Gardenside subdivision in Lexington? Any information about Parker's Mill Road? We like that road and that area, and I'd like to know if there is anything about buying a house on or near that road that would be an issue that we might not know about. Traffic?

Also, this is Beaumont and Dunbar schools (which we like), but also James Lane Allen elementary school district, which I know less about. Does anyone have any info on this elementary school? I can see the test scores, which are mediocre, but if anyone has any other more personal info (even hearsay) about the school that would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 10:39 AM

329 posts, read 1,099,517 times
Just MHO... This is a pretty good neighborhood in Lexington. Fairly quiet. Close to most anything without too much traffic to get there. Not really a high traffic area, other than Alexandria Drive (try and stay away from that street to live) and Versailles Road isn't really all that bad with traffic.. especially down by New Circle, it's not as congested as nearer downtown.

Brother graduated from Dunbar High less than 10 years ago (right after it opened) and was challenged mentally, while keeping a safe feeling amongst the kids that attended. Parkers Mill is fairly low traffic area.

Hope any of this helps... (don't know anything about the other schools though)

Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 PM

891 posts, read 3,053,139 times
parker's Mill is getting busier. There are several new developments in that area. If you aren't directly on Parkers's Mill you should be fine though.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 AM

5 posts, read 10,785 times
I lived in Lexington KY 30 years.....even though traffic is bad....HAMBURG IS AWESOME!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area