Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 04:09 PM

32 posts, read 175,922 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place for my mom in Lexington, or somewhere in or between Lawrenceburg (where I live) and Lex. She's independent, but doesn't want to have to mow/shovel a yard or take care of a house anymore. Since she'll be moving from out of state, I would prefer a senior community for her where she can meet people. Cost is a major factor - she's living on social security alone (under $1000 per month). I'm certain she will qualify for Section 8 housing. I'll be helping as much as I can, but that's not much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 06:56 PM

93 posts, read 347,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoabuck View Post
I'm looking for a place for my mom in Lexington, or somewhere in or between Lawrenceburg (where I live) and Lex. She's independent, but doesn't want to have to mow/shovel a yard or take care of a house anymore. Since she'll be moving from out of state, I would prefer a senior community for her where she can meet people. Cost is a major factor - she's living on social security alone (under $1000 per month). I'm certain she will qualify for Section 8 housing. I'll be helping as much as I can, but that's not much...
I'm a senior, looking seriously looking at moving to Lexington also. On rent.com, I have seen apartments in the price range you are seeking. I would like to know how to find out the financial qualifications for subsidized housing in Lexington. I'll post whatever turns up in my searching and look to see what information is posted here as well. Good luck in your searching.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:07 PM

820 posts, read 2,869,170 times
There's some decent subsidized housing in Lexington for seniors. The challenge comes in that even though the apts themselves are clean and nice, the locations of the apts isn't so great. Whoabuck, you might be very interested in one in Versailles since you're in Lawrenceburg. For the life of me, I can't remember the name though. It starts with a "M". It's an old building that is quite charming. My grandmother once lived there, but it's been many years ago. Versailles is between Lawrenceburg and Lexington. This apt complex is easy to the senior citizens center in Versailles as well as grocery shopping, etc. Depending on how comfortable your mom is traveling, it's a pretty easy trip to Lexington as well.

I would think the best way to get information on a Subsidized housing apt would be to contact that group of apts directly. Christ Church Apts is one that is downtown, Christian Towers is one off of Versailles Rd, Briarwood is one that is on Centre Parkway. Again, the location of Briarwood particularly is the challenge in living there.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,424 times
We are senior citizens pensioners husband and wife presently residing at Glendale, AZ. We are planning to move to San Francisco Bay Area where we would like stay indepedently in a rent geared to income subsidized apartment. We have excellent tract record for 20 years living in subsidized handicapped apartment. We are social and friendly and would like to mix with people in a group environment. We are unable to find a suitable place in SF and would like to have your guidance in locating a nice, decent and quiet place to live for the rest of our lives. Thanks for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area