Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 PM

270 posts, read 934,537 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a local move within Lexington and am looking for recommendations for a safe, professional moving company. If you've had personal experience with any local movers, I'd be interested in hearing your feedback.

I've read the client list for Hometown Movers on their website and was impressed by the list of people they claim to have moved. Has anyone ever had direct experience with this company?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
I'm not familiar with that company but I have used Malone's and highly recommend them. They moved a medical practice I managed, my mother and my family within a one year time period. Each time their quote was firm, they showed up on time, it took the amount of time they said it would, and the worker's were very nice. I can't say enough good about them. It's a family business and they take pride in their work.
Their phone number is 281-6757

Old 03-11-2009, 05:33 PM

969 posts, read 2,818,760 times
I have had 2 clients use Hometown Movers and were pleased. Both were difficult moves. One was right after the ice storm out of a Split Foyer house and they had a piano. The other was out of a townhouse full of antiques. Glad that isn't my job!!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
I'm not familiar with that company but I have used Malone's and highly recommend them. They moved a medical practice I managed, my mother and my family within a one year time period. Each time their quote was firm, they showed up on time, it took the amount of time they said it would, and the worker's were very nice. I can't say enough good about them. It's a family business and they take pride in their work.
Their phone number is 281-6757
Malone's was actually the other moving company I was considering! Thanks lexingtongal and LEXpert for the feedback!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:28 PM

lexingtongal: You were right -- I called to get a quote and they were SO nice on the phone! They gave me a ballpark phone quote, but Mr. Malone is going to come out to give a firm quote. I'm sure I'll be booking my move with them.

Thanks SO MUCH for the referral!!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
You will love him! He is a straightforward man and very much a gentleman.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:12 PM

822 posts, read 3,001,836 times
I would just avoid Malone Moving and Storage ... I had to remove my review from angieslist ... just don't do it!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:42 PM

Hi Blossom....Malone has received positive reviews from other members -- what's your negative experience? Just telling me to avoid them doesn't really give me much info. Can you elaborate? Thanks!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Oh, forgot to mention that I checked out both Hometown Movers and Malone Moving and Storage with the Better Business Burerau. Hometown had multiple complaints and received a "C+" rating from the BBB. Malone had no complaints and received an "A" rating.

Is there something else I'm missing here?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:21 AM

603 posts, read 2,339,161 times
We used Malone's and had a wonderful experience. In fact, we are using them again today to move my father-in-law's furniture out of his assisted living. I see no reason to avoid them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area