Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 AM

458 posts, read 2,290,515 times

Advertisements

There have been a few conversations about moving to SW Lexington and Rabbit Run in particular and today I just noticed this house that has just come on the market for under 200K...

MLS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 PM

969 posts, read 2,820,359 times
That one has actually been on the market for some time. It was with another agent before and was for sale or rent. I showed it to a client. It backs to Harrodsburg Road. It is a pretty nice house for the money. The seller is an older military gentleman who now lives in Virginia (I think?)

Rabbit Run is a really cool neighborhood. Great location, schools, and has a neighborhood clubhouse/pool/playground.

I have somebody that has been looking in the under $250k range in SW Lex. Just sold them a house in Beaumont Enclave. I did a lot of research on that part of Beaumont. They sell really quickly out there! That is the Cutter Homes part that had to have the brick and windows replaced on all the houses by Beazer Homes, who bought out Cutter. Not as much character as Rabbit Run, but a great location and value.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 AM

458 posts, read 2,290,515 times
That's the first time I've seen a for sale sign on it, so perhaps I missed its last listing. And I don't think it actually backs up to Harrodsburg, more like backing up to Indian Hills. Anyway, I just thought I'd post in case someone was looking. Now that I've been in my own house for over a year, I still get the real estate bug even though I don't want to move anywhere.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:59 AM

969 posts, read 2,820,359 times
The Rector-Hayden agent that had it may not have had a sign in the yard. I don't remember seeing one when I was there a couple months ago. It does back right up to inbound Harrodsburg Road. You can map it on google or check it out since it is vacant. Harrodsburg Rd. is about 25 feet past the pine trees.

The funny thing to me about this house is that I did some work there over 10 years ago when I had a landscaping business. It is the first house that has crossed my path as a landscaper and a realtor. It was kind of nice to see the inside since all I ever got to see of houses back then was the outside!

Still, it is a nice house at the end of a cul de sac, and like you said, it is about as cheap as you can get into Rabbit Run :-)

Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 AM

844 posts, read 2,101,984 times
Seems like a decent property if not for having a noisy highway in your backyard.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:07 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,055,527 times
Did you all see the HOA dues? Over $400!! I did not know Rabbit Run had HOAs, or that they could possibly be so high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area