Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 04:22 AM

4 posts, read 7,159 times

Advertisements

Any have any info on this neighborhood? It's obviously older and not one of Lexington's "it" areas. Nice place to live? Is traffic noise from Circle 4 and Leestown an issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 06:14 AM

969 posts, read 2,820,359 times
I have had a couple of clients that live in Meadowthorpe. They really like it. It has always been a nice neighborhood, it was just kind of forgotten until all the development started on that end of town. Now it is on more buyer's radar.

There is an elementary school right in the neighborhood that is doing pretty well. I am sure you'll hear New Circle some, especially if you live in the back of the neighborhood. The only thing I have ever heard anybody complain about is that if the wind blows a certain way, you get a faint smell from the water treatment plant on Manchester (aka Old Frankfort Pike).

I think it is a great neighborhood that has a lot of character........Hope this helps!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:36 AM

822 posts, read 3,003,253 times
I agree with Lexpert. Meadowthorpe is a charming neighborhood, seems to be going through some sort of revival, and for that price range, I think it is the place to be. (My good friend has a listing just over 100K - small home but nice yard, nice street). For that budget, then I can't think of a better neighborhood.

The elementary school has the gifted and talented program (Quest), so it is a top rated school. The middle school and high school, I don't think they are that great.

I don't think street noise is an issue, at least not in terms of the houses I know. The people seem friendly - we have met Meadowthorpe people at the nearby dog park and have standing dinner invitations.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 PM

891 posts, read 3,053,636 times
We lived in Meadowthorpe when we were first married. It's a quiet neighborhood. It's a quick drive to downtown. There are only 2 streets in and out so there is no through traffic. The only negative was that the cattle yard is not too far away and in the summer, when it's humid, the smell can be heavy. This only happened a few times a year so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just thought you should be aware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area