Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:10 PM

577 posts, read 978,849 times

Advertisements

Some of these bikers are ridiculous with their loud bikes. Why doesn't law enforcement take action against them?

And don't give me that BS about loud bikes save lives. If that were the case why don't these safety conscious bikers wear bright safety vests and full helmets and safety clothing?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:25 PM

432 posts, read 1,593,699 times
If loud pipes saved lives they would be pointed forward. I see sweeps hear all the time. Before you know it the "dentist in leather jackets squad" rides somewhere else.

We just laugh at them, they dress for a circus.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:53 PM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,808 times
These bikers that you're complaining about, are they a gang of public school teachers on motorcycles?

Old 06-11-2010, 07:14 PM

629 posts, read 1,700,659 times
I'd love to hear from anyone with training in psychology about why some people have the need to engage in behavior that draws attention to themselves.

Personally, I find their noise annoying and offensive - but I've also come to terms with the fact that being offended by others is simply the price I have to pay for not being successful enough to afford a 2,000 acre ranch in Montana

Old 06-11-2010, 07:17 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBucks View Post
I'd love to hear from anyone with training in psychology about why some people have the need to engage in behavior that draws attention to themselves.

Like crv1010's consistent complaint threads?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:16 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,467,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post
Some of these bikers are ridiculous with their loud bikes. Why doesn't law enforcement take action against them?

For the same reason they don't take action against the morons with those LOUD "base tapes" blaring in their cars, making everything vibrate or the other imbeciles in their tiny cars that sound like an overgrown sewing maching sounding like they're doing 90 when they're barely moving.

And DON'T get me started on those asinine "spinners" or the "bolls" people have hanging on the back of their SUVs (since they obviously don't have them elsewhere)

Old 06-12-2010, 06:43 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,971,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post

And don't give me that BS about loud bikes save lives. If that were the case why don't these safety conscious bikers wear bright safety vests and full helmets and safety clothing?
I have a loud exhaust on my motorcycle AND I wear a bright green jacket -- problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
These bikers that you're complaining about, are they a gang of public school teachers on motorcycles?
ahahahahahah I wish I could rep you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBucks View Post

Personally, I find their noise annoying and offensive - but I've also come to terms with the fact that being offended by others is simply the price I have to pay for not being successful enough to afford a 2,000 acre ranch in Montana
I'm glad you find it annoying -- it lets you know I'm on the road. There have been COUNTLESS times where some stupid person on their cell phone or blasting their radio or playing with their kids in the back have almost hit me.. whether it was by merging into my lane on the Southern State, or simply cutting me off with a quick lane change on public roads.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,467,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post

I'm glad you find it annoying -- it lets you know I'm on the road. There have been COUNTLESS times where some stupid person on their cell phone or blasting their radio or playing with their kids in the back have almost hit me.. whether it was by merging into my lane on the Southern State, or simply cutting me off with a quick lane change on public roads.

If they're so engulfed in their cell conversation or have music blasting or kids going nuts in the car, they're not going to hear/see you no matter how loud your exhaust or how bright green your jacket it.

Regarding the people making lane changes --- most of them are too lazy to look out for bikes. If they don't see a car or truck, they think it's all clear. On the other hand, you could also be in their "blind spot" and they didn't see you.

BTW, what about the morons on bikes who think it's OK to ride between cars or zip in and out of lanes? I have no sympathy for them if they get hit.

You're a brave soul for even riding a bike on LI. With the way these fools out here drive, I don't even trust being in a car!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:51 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I have a loud exhaust on my motorcycle AND I wear a bright green jacket -- problem?

ahahahahahah I wish I could rep you again

I would guess that comes with the territory...riding around on 2 wheels

Old 06-12-2010, 05:52 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,971,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
If they're so engulfed in their cell conversation or have music blasting or kids going nuts in the car, they're not going to hear/see you no matter how loud your exhaust or how bright green your jacket it.

Regarding the people making lane changes --- most of them are too lazy to look out for bikes. If they don't see a car or truck, they think it's all clear. On the other hand, you could also be in their "blind spot" and they didn't see you.

BTW, what about the morons on bikes who think it's OK to ride between cars or zip in and out of lanes? I have no sympathy for them if they get hit.

You're a brave soul for even riding a bike on LI. With the way these fools out here drive, I don't even trust being in a car!

I don't zip between cars or lane split or anything -- I ride like how I drive: respectfully.

Trust me, when I'm above 10k RPMs on the highway, people see me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island