Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2007, 07:04 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,901 times

Advertisements

If people do not sell what are there plans with their homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 07:17 PM

77 posts, read 430,142 times
My home will stay on FSBO til it sells - I don't care how long it takes. My husband is retired and I want to live closer to my family in NH. I am anxious to move, but not desperate. I will wait for the one person I know will love our home as much as we do.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,901 times
Just curious, with all the negative posts of LI realtors, mine included! How do you like using fsbo?

Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 PM

106 posts, read 578,621 times
I have been with a realtor on and off for 2 years and owners.com for the same amount of time....I have close to 3,000 hits on owners.com but maybe 5calls...I think alot of the hits are real estate brokers trying to get the listing, mortgage brokers, moving companies...I don't know, not much success on owners.com but i will continue with it and when the listing is up with my broker i will post my house on websites and save a fortune in commissions...to answer your question, I will stay here for as long as it takes...I love my house and if i have to die here (which in this market, I just might) then that is ok...anybody want to buy a house in Hewlett?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 AM

77 posts, read 430,142 times
I agree with you that many of the "hits" on FSBO are from realtors. I have asked my FSBO company if they plan to do a survey. I want to know not only if they are buyers, sellers, or realtors, but if they are in my zip code, area code, county, state, region or from across the country. Quite frankly this is why I joined this forum - to speak out for all the FSBO's and get some recognition. Long Island realtors are at a distinct disadvantage that they do not handle the contracts as in the rest of the country (well, where I'm from anyway) - they need to realize flat fees might be coming down the pike and I feel by utilizing more FSBO's we can turn this around. I am trying to let buyers know they do have alternative resources. We dealt strictly with the builder; they can deal with the seller the same way and skip the realtor games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: