Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM

44 posts, read 85,565 times

Advertisements

Here's how "Big Bad" Lerner-Heidenberg got screwed by the previous Brookhaven Town Board, in ole 2-0-0-2, when the Town Board, then, showed LH, and Town Tax Payers, who was "Boss" in Brookhaven and who would ultimately make the decision about the property !

And it was NOT Tax Payers !

It was the Town Board that screwed Tax payers then and who is screwing them now !

"The zoning of the parcel has been an issue before the courts for more than five years, after a previous Town Board, on its own motion, changed the zoning of the property from a retail business district to a commercial recreation district. The board changed the zoning after widespread community opposition, spearheaded by the Rocky Point Civic Association, to Lerner-Heidenberg's original proposal to build a Lowe's Home Improvement Center on the site."

Moderator cut: please do not post links here

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-23-2012 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 11:59 AM

732 posts, read 1,735,236 times
You should probably stock up on more tinfoil. They can read your thoughts.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:49 AM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
These threads are for every member on city-data on general Long Island topics ; they are not for one person to highjack for a personal (and seemingly endless) agenda.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I heard it is currently zoned for recreational only. I guess that would mean movie theatres and golf ranges (like previously) as well as places like paintball. That's why the developer has been trying to get it changed and unfortunately they have been shot down so far.
I heard it was actually bought the cheap as recreational use and the owners we banking on buying votes to turn it into commercial.

Stuff goes on all the time.
Lather rinse repeat.

Same thing happened to the Westbury Drive in too.
Might even be the same crew.

Crooks

Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
I would love to see a Walmart go into the old driving range. It would fit the neighborhood and besides a kohls is across the street if anyone from rp wants to go more upscale

Old 06-25-2012, 09:35 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhaven631 View Post
Lancet71,

When you have the Local Pols "astro turfing"...creating a Fake "grassroots" group...and with a Developer as their Fake "man of the people" leader, apparently the Local Pols and their Political Elite "benefactors" have something BIG to lose...

meaning LOTS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

The Truth is, it's The Unions that is behind this anti-big box development...not Environmentalism or preserving The Land.

It's all about Money and Power.

Unfortunately the followers of this DON'T TARGET ROCKY POINT...the real Tax payers...are Naive and being "strung along" for the Ride !

I hope Rocky Point is swallowed up by the earth in a gigantic sinkhole simply because this would annoy you.

RP is the low income housing for the nicer surrounding towns like Port Jefferson, Miller Place and Shoreham. It's the perfect place to put industry and shopping.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I hope Rocky Point is swallowed up by the earth in a gigantic sinkhole simply because this would annoy you.

RP is the low income housing for the nicer surrounding towns like Port Jefferson, Miller Place and Shoreham. It's the perfect place to put industry and shopping.
Lol.
I'm just grabbing popcorn on this one Zilla, I'm not sure who this operative is.

Thanks for the complement though, I guess its one to be the "low income" housing for Miller Place its quite another to be the "low income" housing for Selden(or Shirley).

No turdpolish, I agree RP is a prime spot for a shopping hub.Moe's is packed.

Hugs,

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 06-26-2012 at 05:20 AM..

Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Moes finally opened up? Wasnt out there last weekend but I thought it was still under construction. Have to give it a try one day...maybe this weekend.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Moes finally opened up? Wasnt out there last weekend but I thought it was still under construction. Have to give it a try one day...maybe this weekend.
I'm excited. I used to hit the one in Greenvale.

It's yum.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island