Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 05:08 AM

127 posts, read 747,606 times

Advertisements

Have you seen what many people are erecting now for vehicle, boat and other storage? Heavy canvas shelters with tubular steel frames that can be up year round and large enough to store 2 cars or more! They don't need a concrete foundation, footing or any of the traditional things required for a building. In fact, I am sure a couple of guys can get even the largest one up in a day or weekend.

My question: Do these require a permit? Are taxes paid? Has anyone heard of someone running into trouble with a town over these? The towns I would be interested in are Smithtown and Brookhaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: