Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:32 PM

338 posts, read 777,799 times

Advertisements

Ive always hated this part of massapequa because it was known for trouble makers and renters. alas, i bought a house here and there are renters everywhere. the last family that rented next door was nice. they had moved out and a new family had moved in.

let me tell you, they have no manners whatsoever! shortly after moving in, police cars were a frequent scene next door. they always seem to park thier cars in front of my house, leaving the front of theres empty. I began leaving notes on there cars. it took a while but it stopped.

another problem i had is that my drivway is about 12 inches away from theirs. they seem to throw all thier cigarette butts and spit there big globs of gum on my lawn and driveway. again, i started with the notes in thier mailbox but it didnt stop. i finally confronted thier son but he denied it, blaming it on the wind. i explained to him that it was scientifically impossible for all that crap to stop at one point: my lawn! it soon stopped after that.

now, they enjoy parking there cars in front of thier driveway, on the street, making it very hard for me or anyone else parking in my driveway, almost impossible to maneuver a car out without having to turn in an odd angle, especially when someone across the street, parks in front my of my driveway!

its a terrible situation/ I have resorted to installing closed circuit cameras and now I park my truck in front of my own driveway, so they can see how hard it is for them to get in and hopefully get the picture.

why do renters not care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
Ive always hated this part of massapequa because it was known for trouble makers and renters. alas, i bought a house here and there are renters everywhere. the last family that rented next door was nice. they had moved out and a new family had moved in.

let me tell you, they have no manners whatsoever! shortly after moving in, police cars were a frequent scene next door. they always seem to park thier cars in front of my house, leaving the front of theres empty. I began leaving notes on there cars. it took a while but it stopped.

another problem i had is that my drivway is about 12 inches away from theirs. they seem to throw all thier cigarette butts and spit there big globs of gum on my lawn and driveway. again, i started with the notes in thier mailbox but it didnt stop. i finally confronted thier son but he denied it, blaming it on the wind. i explained to him that it was scientifically impossible for all that crap to stop at one point: my lawn! it soon stopped after that.

now, they enjoy parking there cars in front of thier driveway, on the street, making it very hard for me or anyone else parking in my driveway, almost impossible to maneuver a car out without having to turn in an odd angle, especially when someone across the street, parks in front my of my driveway!

its a terrible situation/ I have resorted to installing closed circuit cameras and now I park my truck in front of my own driveway, so they can see how hard it is for them to get in and hopefully get the picture.

why do renters not care?
What part of Massapequa is it? Why would you buy a house in an area you "hate"?

Old 03-27-2011, 04:38 PM

divison ave. I had little choice on what homes were available to us at the time and this house seemed pretty nice.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
the last family that rented next door was nice. they had moved out and a new family had moved in.

why do renters not care?
You contradict yourself with these two sentences. Actually the person who "doesn't care" is the landlord making the money off the rental next door.

Have you ever stopped to think that it's not because the current family are renting that they act up, but it's because that's just they way they are?

Take a look at the TV shows about hoarders. 95% of the people featured on those shows OWN THEIR HOME. But that doesn't stop them from trashing it AND creating a disgusting eyesore (and stinky "nosesore") for their neighbors.

Do you mean to tell us that you NEVER encountered annoying and rude neighbors that owned their own home? I find that hard to believe.

Do you think if these people next door bought a house their behavior would suddenly become great? I doubt it. Just keep bothering them until they stop whatever they are doing that's annoying (as you tell it, they DO stop, but it sinks in slowly) and if they won't stop the annoying behavior, inform the landlord.

PS: Another thing is you do not own the street in front of your house, but you still put notes on their cars telling them not to park there. Yet they stopped. They didn't have to stop parking in front of your house if they didn't want to, so maybe they are a little better than you think. Another thing is neither you nor they should be parking in front of the driveway cuts of the houses. I think you can get a ticket for that. (Somebody correct me if I am wrong on this.)

Old 03-27-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You contradict yourself with these two sentences. Actually the person who "doesn't care" is the landlord making the money off the rental next door.

Have you ever stopped to think that it's not because the current family are renting that they act up, but it's because that's just they way they are?

Take a look at the TV shows about hoarders. 95% of the people featured on those shows OWN THEIR HOME. But that doesn't stop them from trashing it AND creating a disgusting eyesore (and stinky "nosesore") for their neighbors.

Do you mean to tell us that you NEVER encountered annoying and rude neighbors that owned their own home? I find that hard to believe.

Do you think if these people next door bought a house their behavior would suddenly become great? I doubt it. Just keep bothering them until they stop whatever they are doing that's annoying (as you tell it, they DO stop, but it sinks in slowly) and if they won't stop the annoying behavior, inform the landlord.

PS: Another thing is you do not own the street in front of your house, but you still put notes on their cars telling them not to park there. Yet they stopped. They didn't have to stop parking in front of your house if they didn't want to, so maybe they are a little better than you think. Another thing is neither you nor they should be parking in front of the driveway cuts of the houses. I think you can get a ticket for that. (Somebody correct me if I am wrong on this.)
I have no idea where the landlord is (she is an absentee landlord) and only comes around when something is broken, or rent has to be collected. I know I dont own the street but I was bought up to respect the property in front of my neighbors, meaning if I had company over my home, they would tend to park in front of my house, and not my neighbors.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM

I also have a handicapped nephew and we have a walkway designed for him in mind and my neighbors parked directly in front of it, making it hard for my nephew to access the walkway.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:34 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,014 times
Quote:
divison ave. I had little choice on what homes were available to us at the time and this house seemed pretty nice.
Your mistake was buying in an area that you hate. It might have been better to wait. Now, its too late.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
Sounds like you may have day laborers next door, I sure hope not.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:36 PM

lol....nah. just a bunch of rowdy teen age kids!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:20 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

Apparently I give you too many rep points

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island