Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:54 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,321,181 times

Advertisements

I rode through there today and it seems the whole place is full of illegals. I'm not talking about the village, but along Montauk Highway, Mill Rd, and the old cemetary, large groups of day laborers are just lining the streets all over, despite no loitering signs!
Moderator cut: language removed
is with Southampton Town Police? It seems ever since Kabot (and this new chick) got in they've stopped any enforcement. I guess these rich snobby women want their lawns mowed so the laws mean nothing.
What a shame, Westhampton used to be so nice.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 04-06-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 04:55 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,758,239 times
what, no video?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 PM

249 posts, read 514,995 times
Welcome to last year.....where have you been ?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,678,557 times
Default A map of the Hamlet of Westhampton in the Town of Southampton, Suffolk County

For those who may not be familiar with Westhampton ...

A map of the Hamlet of Westhampton in the Town of Southampton, Suffolk County:

The Hamlet of Westhampton has a different border than does the "Westhampton, NY 11977" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Westhampton, NY 11977" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Westhampton and a place can have other than a "Westhampton, NY 11977" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Westhampton): places that have an "Westhampton, NY 11977" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Westhampton are in the Hamlet of Remsenburg-Speonk; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Westhampton with a "Westhampton Beach, NY 11978" mailing address.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:39 PM

764 posts, read 1,553,320 times
Default hmm

May I ask what is wrong with them being there? I live by north ocean avenue where they stand around and work by where they stand around in huntington station and they do not bother anybody. heck the soccer moms are worse then them with their huge suvs running red lights and trying to mow down anything that moves.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,299,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
May I ask what is wrong with them being there? I live by north ocean avenue where they stand around and work by where they stand around in huntington station and they do not bother anybody. heck the soccer moms are worse then them with their huge suvs running red lights and trying to mow down anything that moves.
What is wrong in the overarching scheme of things is they don't belong in this country in the first place. They are illegal aliens. Get it?

They do not bother anybody ... yeah sure ... I bet you are a man and never had to endure the smacking lips and cries of "chica chica." Or perhaps you whizz by them so fast in your car you barely see them ... urinating on the ground in public, littering, drinking malt liquor from bottles in paper bags. You need to spend more time with them to determine whether or not they are bothering anyone and you need to spend more time looking at our country, state, and local budgets and seeing exactly how much they cost us in anchor babies, unpaid emergency room bills, etc. Because they are bothering us and causing problems of several kinds. If they all dropped off Long Island tomorrow I would not give a d**n, that's for sure. They are completely useless parasites to me. I don't hire their cheap labor. What else are they good for? NOTHING. They cost this country a lot more than they contribute.

PS: To those of you who want to divert attention from the problems they cause to accuse me of "racism," please note my statement includes illegal aliens of ALL RACES, RELIGIONS, CREEDS, ETHNICITIES, AGES, SEXES, SEXUAL ORIENTATIONS, HANDICAPS, FAMILIAL STATUSES, ETC.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 04-06-2011 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: It needed a disclaimer

Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,712 times
There's a bus line that goes out there? Did you get a head count or check for their green cards? Maybe they were all lined up for a parade or something,
or it might've have just been a dress rehearsal for the local Cinco De Mayo parade, I mean, May, is just around the corner. Hell dude, I can hardly wait til your
documentary video expose' is processed and posted! If you are really hurting for a project, why not bicycle over to Kate Murray's house and check on the status
of her landscapers, tell them that you have a youtube account and offer to send videos to their distant relatives in Central America, in exchange for their helpful
cooperation. I hear that day laborers don't have much internet access, and I'll bet that you could learn to like them if you only tried. It has alot to do with
losing that, "better-than-thou" attitude that seems to permeate your comments, as well as developing a new and much better, "live-and-let-live" attitude.

Johnny, I'll check back with you later, probably after crooks shows up and we can get to the heart of this pressing matter.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:34 PM

46 posts, read 148,367 times
I used to live over near N. Ocean and my neighbors lawn was getting trashed from all of them walking on it for hours and hours everyday. He has a corner house on N. Ocean. He since installed inground sprinklers activated by motion sensors. No more issues and his lawn looks great!!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,276,064 times
Please do not turn this into an anti-immigrant rant. (There is another forum for that.) There is no way that you can realistically know that these people are illegal really.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,321,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Please do not turn this into an anti-immigrant rant. (There is another forum for that.) There is no way that you can realistically know that these people are illegal really.
When this ruins the quality of life in many towns across LI it is very relevant.
We have large groups of men loitering in front of people's homes and on the streets of Westhampton. But nothing will be done, those people will be forced to sell their houses to slumlords who will put in more "men. It's a vicous cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island