Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Take a look at his posting history....

Anyway, I'm not trying to get into an immigration argument, I'm not trying to state that illegal immigration is not a problem. My whole point is just because a bunch of people who happen to be Spanish are looking for work on a street, or riding in a bus, or anything else JIW complains about does not mean they are illegal.
So you think if it was a bunch of polish, eastern european, russian, irish, etc., guys living 60 to a single family home, peeing in public and drinking booze on the street, and loitering and blocking traffic looking for tax-free work, JIW would give them a pass because they are "white?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So you think if it was a bunch of polish, eastern european, russian, irish, etc., guys living 60 to a single family home, peeing in public and drinking booze on the street, and loitering and blocking traffic looking for tax-free work, JIW would give them a pass because they are "white?"
Well those are quite a bit of exaggerating going there, obviously if you have 60 people living in a single family home that is a problem and likely a sign. Drinking booze on the street and peeing in public is obviously a bad thing, but its something that happens across all groups, legal and not and most often from drunk college kids.

JIW has been posting for years about this, some are certainly legit, and I can understand a reason for concern, but others are a bit off the wall. He certainly has a tendency to think most Hispanic people he comes across are illegal. Stand on a corner, illegal, drive a car illegal, ride a bus illegal. His rather odd videos he put up on youtube.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:59 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Well those are quite a bit of exaggerating going there, obviously if you have 60 people living in a single family home that is a problem and likely a sign. Drinking booze on the street and peeing in public is obviously a bad thing, but its something that happens across all groups, legal and not and most often from drunk college kids.

JIW has been posting for years about this, some are certainly legit, and I can understand a reason for concern, but others are a bit off the wall. He certainly has a tendency to think most Hispanic people he comes across are illegal. Stand on a corner, illegal, drive a car illegal, ride a bus illegal. His rather odd videos he put up on youtube.
Good point. A large group of college kids renting a house would be on my "undesirable" neighbors list just like an illegal alien flophouse is.

I am not an "expert" on JIW, nor have I watched a lot of his videos. You sound like you have made your own study on JIW. I've watched a few ... maybe 3. He also makes videos about the LIRR, politicians, etc. He does not seem solely fixated on illegal aliens.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM

62 posts, read 113,702 times
lets be "honest", ok?

it is only brown people who illegally pass thru our borders and come to "replicate" in our country by utilizing the strategy of standing on corners for daylabor jobs

they bring the 3rd worlds problems 2 our cherished upper middle class lifestyle. how can this b life? i, for 1, am sick n tired of havin 2 word my "feelings" in a correct political way. it makes me feel less like i am living in a highly de-seriable upper middle class community and more like i am living in a transitioning/ethnic neighborhood.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:44 PM

581 posts, read 1,244,347 times
The Mexicans and S.As cant get a break huh...jeeese.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM

626 posts, read 903,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Please do not turn this into an anti-immigrant rant. (There is another forum for that.) There is no way that you can realistically know that these people are illegal really.

I disagree. They are illegal. Drive by the area for a week and I'm sure you'll see the same people. People with legal status seeks employment via different measures, not lingering on the street and chasing every truck or minvan that stops. As a matter of fact, they are now congregating at the local home depot and lowes. It's downright unfair to hard working "legal" residents of this country and equally frustrating to have your neigborhood over-run by these people.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM

63 posts, read 238,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiPatooti View Post
If you don't like them here, I guess you can start cooking your own food in your favorite restaurants, then you can wash the dishes and stay to mop the floors and put out the garbage, too. In fact, you can grow and pick your own food in the first place! Then, when you go on vacation, hotel/motels will be scarce and if you can find one you can make your own bed, clean up after the person who stayed before you, go do your own work at the local eatery, and clean up the Moderator cut: language removed at the zoo you take your little kiddies to during your vacation...........get it? If these men and women who come to USA to work for practically nothing left there'd be a very negative difference in our American society. Do YOU or YOUR CHILDREN want to pick up the slack when they're gone?

Uh!! You make valid points from time to time, but this is just asinine.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:01 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
No pass! I would be just as mad. Race has nothing to do with it, ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR has everything to do with it.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:06 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
Quote:
Honestly, I don't know, none of us do and that is my point. Not to mention JIW's posting history which shows he has a major problem with those who have brown skin and constantly makes assumption that everyone he sees is illegal.
Oh here we go again.
They wear dirty clothes and backpacks and loiter around. They treat the street like a urinal. They dont speak english. They live in overcrowded homes, bring gangs,etc,etc.
Where the heck is their skin mentioned?
They have no respect. They behave like they are above the law and own everything, even though they dont belong here.
They could be from Russia for all I care, the problem I have is that they are here illegally and ruining the quality of life here.
I have friends of all races, btw, who cant stand illegals.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:35 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Oh here we go again.
They wear dirty clothes and backpacks and loiter around. They treat the street like a urinal. They dont speak english. They live in overcrowded homes, bring gangs,etc,etc.
Where the heck is their skin mentioned?
They have no respect. They behave like they are above the law and own everything, even though they dont belong here.
They could be from Russia for all I care, the problem I have is that they are here illegally and ruining the quality of life here.
I have friends of all races, btw, who cant stand illegals.
And again you have no proof whatsoever that they are illegal. Not speaking English means they are illegal?? Since when?? Were the grandparents of some of people I grew up with in Massapequa illegal because they spoke mostly Italian and little or no English??

Plenty of people from all ethnic groups walk around with dirty clothes (have you seen some construction workers?)

Illegal immigration is a problem, no question about that. However, the idea that every person you see that speaks Spanish and limited English is just a farce. Standing on a corner looking for work doesn't mean someone is an illegal. Are some of them illegal? Of course, are many of them illegal? Perhaps, but simply looking at someone you can't tell if they are illegal or not and that is my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island