Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:28 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,909 times

Advertisements

Wife and I are back to randomly looking for a house after our baby girl was born (man those little boogers really derail your ability to focus on something, but hey they are cute) and we found a nice home thats fitting to what we were looking for, but its listed as in "pre foreclosure" and zillow and Trulia are lacking in the information dept.

How do I find out who to call about the listing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 07:35 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,178,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Wife and I are back to randomly looking for a house after our baby girl was born (man those little boogers really derail your ability to focus on something, but hey they are cute) and we found a nice home thats fitting to what we were looking for, but its listed as in "pre foreclosure" and zillow and Trulia are lacking in the information dept.

Youre just touching yourself.

Youre not buying.

Trust me. Commitment issues.

Crooks

PS

Just dont sell the Vette

Old 04-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Youre just touching yourself.

Youre not buying.

Trust me. Commitment issues.

Crooks

PS

Just dont sell the Vette
I've said it before, I'll say it again: for the right price I'll move. If not I can sit on my house for at least another 3-4 years before the kids crowd it up.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:39 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,163,762 times
Quote:

If it's not listed on MLS yet, it's not on the market yet. Does it tell you the amount of the mortgage? Is it equal to or higher than current market value? (If so, it would/could be a short sale.)
If you believe you are knowledgeable enough, you could approach the homeowner yourself even though it's not officially for sale; or you could get yourself a Buyer Agent and have the agent do the (home)work for you.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Wife and I are back to randomly looking for a house after our baby girl was born (man those little boogers really derail your ability to focus on something, but hey they are cute)
Congrats on your little baby girl!!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I've said it before, I'll say it again: for the right price I'll move. If not I can sit on my house for at least another 3-4 years before the kids crowd it up.
Patchogues on an upswing (except for the schools)

Sit tight till you have to then.Where are you looking to go.

Congrats!

Crooks

Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
If it's not listed on MLS yet, it's not on the market yet. Does it tell you the amount of the mortgage? Is it equal to or higher than current market value? (If so, it would/could be a short sale.)
If you believe you are knowledgeable enough, you could approach the homeowner yourself even though it's not officially for sale; or you could get yourself a Buyer Agent and have the agent do the (home)work for you.
Thanks to a little birdie I found the mortgage info/owners/banks, but there is no MLS listed as far as I can tall (though they are listed on Foreclosure.com). Mortgages are higher then market value. I'm pretty good with money/loans/offers but the actual process' I'm in the dark about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Congrats on your little baby girl!!
Thanks! Shes a hand full like her momma.

Quote:
Patchogues on an upswing (except for the schools)

Sit tight till you have to then.Where are you looking to go.

Congrats!

Crooks
Patchogue is nice, but I'm looking for breathing room. Still on my Manorville kick, but open to other spots.

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks to a little birdie I found the mortgage info/owners/banks, but there is no MLS listed as far as I can tall (though they are listed on Foreclosure.com). Mortgages are higher then market value. I'm pretty good with money/loans/offers but the actual process' I'm in the dark about.

Thanks! Shes a hand full like her momma.

Patchogue is nice, but I'm looking for breathing room. Still on my Manorville kick, but open to other spots.

Thanks.

Cool

Check Ridge too.

I still say MP Horse Country is you your calling.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Cool

Check Ridge too.

I still say MP Horse Country is you your calling.
I have 3 houses on watch in that area, but they still want 2006 prices so I'll sit on it. Maybe I should go make an offer.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:

Let's assume for the moment that the houses you're looking at are not on the market yet. In the case of a short sale, if there is more than one mortgage, move on to another.
If the house isn't owned by the lender yet, you can try a short sale, which means initially you'll be dealing with the homeowner. The lender won't look at any offer unless you're fully in contract (with earnest money and all). And of course there is no guarantee that it'll be approved and you may find you're back to square one after you've waited and had your cash tied up.

Best working with someone who knows about short sales, including an experienced RE attorney.

FYI, the cost of FHA mortgages is going up :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island