Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM

884 posts, read 1,407,215 times

Advertisements

Looking at houses in this district, also the area near the Brookhaven hospital as it appears to be a bit of a nicer area as opposed to going a bit further northeast.

How is the South Country district and its areas? One of my concerns is that North Bellport attends SC.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 07:20 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,713,683 times
Default A map of the South Country Central School District

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the South Country Central School District includes all or part of the Hamlet of Yaphank, the Hamlet of Shirley, the Hamlet of Brookhaven, the Village of Bellport, the Hamlet of East Patchogue, the Hamlet of North Bellport and the Hamlet of Medford.

A map of the South Country Central School District:
Attached Thumbnails
South Country District-southcountrycsd.gif  

Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,815,225 times
Many children in the south country school district go to private school. In my kids parochial school, most of the bus's are from south country.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:27 PM

157 posts, read 458,395 times
It is my understanding that the lower grade schools are better (because there are more of them, so depending on the neighborhood your in, that is the class of children that will mainly go to the school).

It isnt until the upper level schools, Middle school and especailly High School that it really mixes everything up. Lower class families and neighborhoods, middle class and the upper class (at least for the area).

Race, Income, Nieghbor Hood...

I think it comes down to the parents staying ontop of their kids more so then anything else...

Old 05-04-2011, 07:11 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,349,619 times
South Country, Patch-Med and Longwood are all on par with each other.
Wm Floyd has slipped a bit, IMO.
This is contrary to the Classic CD Forum opinion of course.
North Bellport does attend South Country so if this bothers you, don't buy in the district. If that is indeed the case, then don't buy in Wm Floyd, Longwood or Patch-Med either.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:12 PM

732 posts, read 1,736,475 times
Plus the really bad influences will be segregated into the classes for the behaviorally/mentally challenged. Read this as you will.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 AM

929 posts, read 2,070,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
North Bellport does attend South Country so if this bothers you, don't buy in the district. If that is indeed the case, then don't buy in Wm Floyd, Longwood or Patch-Med either.
Just don't send your kids to school. Problem solved

Old 05-05-2011, 07:21 PM

884 posts, read 1,407,215 times
Thank you all for the info.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:11 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,160,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Longwood is actually much better than people think but not one of the elite. Patchogue medford has slipped alot but does have good programs for children with special needs. William floyd is what is(not favorable), one of my good friends is a principal for a south country elementary school and I do agree that the lower grades show better than the upper ones.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 AM

157 posts, read 458,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Longwood is actually much better than people think but not one of the elite. Patchogue medford has slipped alot but does have good programs for children with special needs. William floyd is what is(not favorable), one of my good friends is a principal for a south country elementary school and I do agree that the lower grades show better than the upper ones.
I agree. I live in Ridge and it is Longwood School Systems. I talked to ALOT of parents in the area and they all say the same thing... Very good, very happy with Longwood. I really believe that any child going to Longwood that has parents that are ontop of things they will be more then fine. I know of no saftey issues and no major complaints from parents (who i think would give me the real scoop if there were any serious concerns).

Keeping in mind, I do not currently have any kids and I am very confident about the younger grades... What will happen in 10-12 years??? Im not sure... and I dont worry about that... if the highschool is that bad i will either move or send em to private school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island