Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
King and King came after that whole situation started, and it was not to those in Kindergarden.
Totally agree. There was nothing in KG even remotely related to "relationships" except Curious George and the man with the yellow hat. Thankfully people are hysterical about the economy which allowed the hysteria towards gay marriage die down enough for a bill to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 AM

324 posts, read 335,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Marriage between first cousins is not prohibited by Jewish Biblical Law.
Who cares? Jewish biblical law has nothing to do with nys law.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Not sure what your point is except to inflame. Is "marriage" a natural law? I'm pretty sure men are designed to procreate at will. Why does heterosexuality need to be more of a "certainty" than "homosexuality?" Marriage is a man made institution and can be interpreted any way society decides. It just decided. Marriage is equal. Everyone has the right to be miserable!
My point is science cannot be used to justify homosexuality because it's not proven. The OP says homosexuality is a gene and pedopihilia is a behavior yet there's no proof for either.

And no, there is not marriage equality.

Why about the first cousins who want to marry? What about the siblings who want to marry? What about the polygamists? Sorry, but 1 man 1 woman was a clear cut, clean definition of an institution designed to promote procreation and family. Gay marriage passing now muddies the waters up and increases the unfairness to other groups - yet where's the outrage?

Old 06-28-2011, 06:56 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABACAB View Post
Who cares? Jewish biblical law has nothing to do with nys law.
But, Christian Biblical Law's ban on polygamy is permitted to be NYS law?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
But, Christian Biblical Law's ban on polygamy is permitted to be NYS law?
Jus because a law coincides with one religion's rule rule does not mean that particular religion is favored over others

Let me guess, this is another example of Jews being persecuted?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
THANK GOD...now maybe I wont have to hear about it anymore on the news. If it didnt pass then they would have just kept trying and it would be in the damned news every day for the rest of our lives. it's insignificant and unimportant.
For many it is absolutely NOT 'insignificant and unimportant'.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Strange priorities. Our economy in NY sucks, they can't pass a tax cap, our state was named the most restrictive in the US, traffic is absurd downstate, we have rampant crime, we have illegals standing on street corners, but yeah lets pass a gay marraige bill.
Appples and Oranges! One has nothing to do with the other.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC'S View Post
Jus because a law coincides with one religion's rule rule does not mean that particular religion is favored over others :smack:
Gee whiz, what a coincidence, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC'S View Post
Let me guess, this is another example of Jews being persecuted? :rolleyes: :smack:
No, it is not another example of Jews being persecuted, but it is violation of the separation of church and state.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Gee whiz, what a coincidence, huh?

No, it is not another example of Jews being persecuted, but it is violation of the separation of church and state.
You're right, how dare the US government side with the Christians in wanting to treat women with respect and dignity

Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I know quite a few gay couples, some of which have been together in committed relationships for years.

As far as the friend you speak of, well I'm not sure if I believe you, with your posts and the hate that came out of it I highly doubt you would be friends with someone who is gay, but lets say you were telling the truth.. You do realize that straight people can have many partners as well.

Both straights and gays are in committed relationships, both straights and gays have had many partners in a short period of time. Being in a committed relationship, and going on sex crazed binges is not something exclusive with one side or the other.

As far as the parade, who cares, I see you have a mistaken Carl Paladino thought about what actually goes on there, hint its not just a bunch of bare asses and leather chaps. And no I don't go around yelling I'm heterosexual, but most gays do not either. On top of that I have never been told I am worthless, harassed, beaten, I'm going to burn in hell, been denied rights, etc simply because I'm heterosexual.
I agree with you 100%! As for Gpsma, he might be telling the truth-I say this only because I've known a lot of straight men who are 'pigs'. This has nothing to do with sexual orientation though. Gpsma is filled with so much intolerance, hatred and negativity - it boggles the mind.

Anyway - I say Bravo to Governor Cuomo and NYS for finally legalizing Gay Marriage in NYS. I hope I get invited to some Gay weddings now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island