Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:59 PM

264 posts, read 879,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFM View Post
Plenty of area east of Broadway that is in Hicksville.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...sville-map.gif

Oops.. I meant S. Oyster Bay Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 03:35 PM

964 posts, read 2,465,616 times
There are 3 very nice sections of Hicksville. 1) The area bordering Jericho behind Sears. 2) The sections of homes near the High School 3) The section just south of Old Country Road and just west of S. Oyster Bay Rd. (the Greek section near the church).

Aside from that, you have to roll the dice a bit.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 AM

748 posts, read 2,891,829 times
The southern section of Hicksville, bordering Levittown, is also very nice. My wife's colleague has been living there for more than 10 years, and her son got into Cornell. Hicksville has strong schools, with many clubs and sports activities. Kids with motivated parents will do very well.

It seems like there are more nice areas in Hicksville than iffy areas. A few iffys areas seem to be giving the place a bad rap, but putting down Hicksville as a whole is like putting down the whole of Nassau county because of Hempstead.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
W.John street is the area in Hicksville to stay away from, esp west of the Post Office. Pretty much what happened is the garbage from New Cassel crossed the parkway. Just go to Cantiage Park and see the illegals playing soccer there.
Fortunately they dont hang out at Broadway Mall that much.
You make so many ridiculous assumptions. You have no idea that these people entered the country illegally. It's clear you don't like your area so you should just move and get it over with instead of constantly crying about anyone who looks hispanic.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:37 AM

23 posts, read 97,700 times
Heres why I dont like Hicksville as a parent with children. There are 10 sex offenders in Hicksville and 8 or so in Jericho in the areas that border Hicksville...I lived behind Sears and liked it but the same house that I moved from had a break in...scary. Also, they locked down the schools one day because of people stealing cars and were running through with the cops chasing them as the kids just got into school. Wasnt too happy with that...and I was definitely not happy with the murder of that poor guy around the block from my house....as well as the murder of another gas station attendent where the man that killed him lived in Hicksville as well. Do not like the train station. When I was going to college and took the train I was bothered there enough to say that it is sketchy. Schools are said to be overcrowded and have some ms13 in there. Behind Broadway mall , where I also rented a house , my neighbors had problems in Cantiaque Park ...not the soccer players...a drug deal with gang members and her kids were involved in a big investigation . Would never expect these kids would be involved in that either because they were polite kids.You dont have to believe me because maybe I just found some rare moments that caused me not to like it but I am just putting it out there. I always wanted to buy a house off Woodbury Road. Still miss the area and its convenience. The people are down to earth . There is not a big sense of community because there are different sections. There is no community pool except Cantiaque and most people then join Syosset because it is expensive to get the leisure pass plus pay for the pool. The sex offenders is the deal breaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island