Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,335,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc3565 View Post
Not sure if you've tried this but he's likely a renter. See if the landlord will evict him.
LOL! He's probably an illegal landlord trying to make a quick criminal buck another way! How dare the OP complain about his criminal behavior!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,981,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
LOL! He's probably an illegal landlord trying to make a quick criminal buck another way! How dare the OP complain about his criminal behavior!
He is probably just trying to make ends meet in this overpriced mecca called Long Island. Haha.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
He is probably just trying to make ends meet in this overpriced mecca called Long Island. Haha.
Hehehe. Yeah, that excuses everything! If I ever get nailed for all the bank robberies I do (shhhhh!!!!), I will just tell the judge that my property taxes are high and he will let me off!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Hehehe. Yeah, that excuses everything! If I ever get nailed for all the bank robberies I do (shhhhh!!!!), I will just tell the judge that my property taxes are high and he will let me off!
The judge would obviously side with you, why would anyone believe the low class bank tellers over you?

They are probably renters ;-)

Old 09-08-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
The judge would obviously side with you, why would anyone believe the low class bank tellers over you?

They are probably renters ;-)
Yeah they work for a living!

I think of illegal ways to get free money!

How much better is that?

Actually I probably wouldn't even get before a judge because I would just lie to the cops if they showed up at my door and fool them!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 PM

This message has been deleted by kayfouroh. Reason: off topic/orphaned posts

Old 09-08-2011, 01:44 PM

556 posts, read 1,446,952 times
What section of Bellmore?

A better way would have been to drop a cd of all the evidence you have against him and say you want a cut or youll go to the police. Sure he would meet people somewhere else.

Now that he knows the police dont really have time for him(low-level) and he got caught but of course nothing major, you are pretty powerless.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:26 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,519,469 times
We had a problem with a MAJOR DRUG DEALER once who was moving several GRAMS of marijuana a week in our neighborhood, and probably sold to high school kids too... I tried calling the police, DEA, FBI, CIA, MI6, etc. for years but nothing worked.

Here's how I finally got rid of him and what I suggest you do as well - ask him if you can get a bag of marijuana, pay for it and after he sells it to you take it right down to your local police precinct and show the officers on duty. Tell them you JUST purchased this bag of marijuana from a major drug dealer in your neighborhood and would like to report it as a crime. They will drive right back to the scene and throw him in jail. Showing them the drugs is irrefutable evidence of a crime! You just have to take some initiative if you really want to deal with the issue. We haven't had any problems since!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
We had a problem with a MAJOR DRUG DEALER once who was moving several GRAMS of marijuana a week in our neighborhood, and probably sold to high school kids too... I tried calling the police, DEA, FBI, CIA, MI6, etc. for years but nothing worked.

Here's how I finally got rid of him and what I suggest you do as well - ask him if you can get a bag of marijuana, pay for it and after he sells it to you take it right down to your local police precinct and show the officers on duty. Tell them you JUST purchased this bag of marijuana from a major drug dealer in your neighborhood and would like to report it as a crime. They will drive right back to the scene and throw him in jail. Showing them the drugs is irrefutable evidence of a crime! You just have to take some initiative if you really want to deal with the issue. We haven't had any problems since!
GRAMS?!?!

Heavens, no.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:05 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,802,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
People need to understand why Long Island has evolved into what it is today. People came out to Long Island to avoid the overcrowding, crime and poor quality of life in New York City ... racism was not necessarily part of the equation but there is an undeniable link between increased minority population and increased crime. People came here so that their kids could get a better education, live with a higher quality of life. These beliefs have been passed on down the generations. Again, it's not about race ... it's about their culture and beliefs. Groups arent bad because they are minorities or because they are poor or whatever, they are bad because their culture is messed up and many of these groups have no concept of personal responsibility and well being. White, Black, Hispanic, or Asian - no group is perfect.

Long Island is a country within a nation, complete with it's own history, culture, and way of life. Deal with it and move on. We are not New York City and we don't want to be like and look like New York City. Yes, racism is bad. Everyone is an individual human being. However as I said, this isent a racial issue ... it's a cultural issue.
If I would differ from your opinion, it'd be only to add the fact that we as Long Islanders are only trying to survive. The bankers have their product, their methods for survival,
and are as unconscionable as the dope dealer. The name of the game is survival. When we see the grim truth that tobacco and alcohol are as deadly a killer as the dope peddlers
are moving, some of us begin to understand that it isn't the substance that detracts from society, as much as the the way that dealing in drugs sets up a competition with our
government, a conflict of revenue that cannot be resolved in a manner which deals with the real societal problem, the will of the people as versus the will of our enlightened rulers.
Racial boundaries are not the issue here, it is more like that great hypocrisy of a government, which seeks to embrace a double standard, telling you, the individual, what you can
and cannot do, while their influence has it's primary benefit in their court.

Our government likes to burn the candle from both ends. They want to decorate the common cigarette package with blackened lungs, rotted teeth and those assorted autopsy
pictures and statistics. Would they persue the eradication of tobacco as vigorously? I think (and see) not. Where once there was a harvest field of opportunity, it is barren in this
world of today. I am a tradesman, gifted and educated in my field, but my field has dried up, blown away with an agenda that served only the biggest fish in the pond. I ache to work
again but my ex-boss can't afford my labor, he's constrained too. I guess that what I really wanted to say is, we do what we feel that we must do when supporting our belief that we
must, at all cost, survive.

50 years ago, we had culture. We came to school modestly dressed, we pledged alliegence to the Flag. We collected butterflies rather than facebook friends. We shared a Coke,
instead of a needle, went to proms rather than raves, we went to see our friends and not just send them an instant message. We've changed in this last twenty years to a point
where we've gone haywire with the concept that WE will (as an individual), survive. Whomever that guy down the block who you believe is selling illicit drugs, try to understand that
he too is only trying to further his life here on earth. You may disqualify his product, a vehicle of misery to some, but you need to recognize the fact that much like every other
prominent reality star, politician or, one-hit-wonder, his product is in demand. Day after day, the stream of cars, whizzing past the bright red stop sign in front of my house, tick me off.
Except for me, no one else cares, I'm the guy living at the intersection, the one who has to deal with it. In many ways, this bears out the fact that life is only what it is, just people who're
trying to live by their own rules.

Groups and cultures are as likely a scapegoat as any, when determining the growing deterioration of Long Island. We were ethnically diverse, while Ellis Island clerks, stamped the millions
of passports that came legally to our shores, clutched in the hands of those who hungered for a land of opportunity. they brought their skills, stonework, manufacturing, tradesmen, merchants
and yes, even common laborers. For the most part, these people have moved on into that darkness of eternity, but there are those like myself who got the chance to see America at its pinnacle,
the zenith of empires which has at last, gone fallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island