Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:08 AM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh04 View Post
he first party, in Dix Hills, included swimming and playing tennis in the child's backyard, and each child received an American Girl doll as a favor. The father was showing me his new Porsche. The next day, we went to a classmate's party in southern Wheatley Heights. The house was a shack, the neighborhood was a ghetto, and my daughter was afraid to get out of the car. The father showed me his blackened toenail that was about to fall off because he dropped a toilet on it at work. No exaggeration. Now, to the people of Dix Hills - this is a major con. While there are a select few families we met who are nice and down to earth, the vast majority are arrogant and showy. When I moved in 9 years ago, I tried maintaining my own lawn (by the way, forget that unless you have hours upon hours to spend). Within an hour, my next door neighbor rand the bell, not to welcome me to the neighborhood, but to tell me that around here they prefer the landscaping to be done professionally. Good luck.
I think your post is great, hits directly to the point. But I do agree, I think this comes with most weathy towns in LI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 07:22 PM

99 posts, read 730,043 times
From a person who grew up in queens and have lived in Dix Hills for the past 5 years let me tell you........Dix Hills is known for its schools, not the most freindilest nieghbors but then agian you can have that anywhere..if you settle in on a nice block with people your own age and children the same age as yours youll be happy. Now they only downfall is there is no main town or village...but the tightknit school community offers lots of programs where you and the kids can get toghther with other kids and form bonds that will last a lifetime. Im glad my wife convinced to buy in Dix Hills as my 16 month daughter is already attending mommy & me classes at the HHH library and making freinds that i hope will last her a lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island