Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:10 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I wonder why we pay the highest cable rates in the USA??? Why???? I'll just pay whatever u tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb arsesss)

Long Island executive pay
Same reason why we pay the highest taxes. R.E., utilities, car insurance, ect......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 01:52 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,808,646 times
not for nothing but verizon's rate prices are just as high, if not higher. they both have "yearly deals" and when they are both up, prices go up and people either call to get the same price extended or they switch over to the competitor.

I personally like cable because they dont make my electric rates go higher, unlike verizon.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:52 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I wonder why we pay the highest cable rates in the USA??? Why???? I'll just pay whatever u tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb arsesss)

Long Island executive pay
Did you move back?

If yes, welcome back ... and it didn't take long for you to rant about life on LI, did it?

Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
This from the guy who has created at least 3 different id's to defend cablevision at every opportunity but will never answer the simple question of why?

Mr. pot....meet Mr. Kettle.
This is shaping up to be an all-out CD "war," like "how long it takes to get from Rocky Point to the LIE," "which is worse: Nassau or Suffolk," or that all-time favorite, "who can find more downsides to Rocky Point or Massapequa."

Old 12-05-2011, 01:58 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,748,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
not for nothing but verizon's rate prices are just as high, if not higher. they both have "yearly deals" and when they are both up, prices go up and people either call to get the same price extended or they switch over to the competitor.

I personally like cable because they dont make my electric rates go higher, unlike verizon.
Cmon guy, Fios destroys cablevision. I thought they were making strides to catch up in picture quality but I was wrong. FiOS pops and is much more vivid than CV - no contest. Combine that with unreliable internet service and CV is lucky they are still alive. (thankfully so otherwise we'd have a FiOS monopoly and be paying through the as$ for it). Thank you to the CV customers taking a bullet for LI.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:08 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,753,371 times
Quote:

Excuse me...last time you liked Cable because they didn't make you buy the boxes like Verizon wanted you to do after running your wife's credit report.

It would be nice if you at least stuck to a single rationalization.

And yes, let's repeat the question since you appear to still be avoiding it; what is the possible reason behind the multipleID's? They hurt your credibility and paint you as a troll.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,808,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Excuse me...last time you liked Cable because they didn't make you buy the boxes like Verizon wanted you to do after running your wife's credit report.

It would be nice if you at least stuck to a single rationalization.

And yes, let's repeat the question since you appear to still be avoiding it; what is the possible reason behind the multipleID's? They hurt your credibility and paint you as a troll.
I dont have a wife. I dont know what youre talking about.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,753,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
thankfully so otherwise we'd have a FiOS monopoly and be paying through the as$ for it

Ain't THAT the truth?

Old 12-05-2011, 02:27 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:

You do realize that your CV boxes are considered energy vampires as they consume energy when not in use, thereby increasing your electric bill.

Tech Time: Slay the Phantom Energy Vampires in Your Home and Office (http://www.timeoutmom.com/blog/index.php/tech-time-slay-the-energy-vampires-in-your-home/ - broken link)

Quote:
Digital cable boxes were among a home’s biggest “energy vampires” sucking up to 40 watts of power whether or not the TV set was turned on.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:29 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
This is shaping up to be an all-out CD "war," like "how long it takes to get from Rocky Point to the LIE," "which is worse: Nassau or Suffolk," or that all-time favorite, "who can find more downsides to Rocky Point or Massapequa."

How could you leave out the overpaid teachers vs overpaid cops?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island