Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 AM

556 posts, read 622,764 times

Advertisements

It's golf season again and I must do battle with the telephone (Bethpage) or computer (Eisenhower) reservation system. Is it me or do theses systems seem rigged? Are there any hints that you are willing to share to get a tee time? Last year Bethpage seemed to purge it's system and I actually got a couple of decent tee times. There were rumors and innundos of multiple driver's licenses and other scams.
Have you heard about them? Are they true? Do the well connected get all the good tee times?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 AM

236 posts, read 473,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
It's golf season again and I must do battle with the telephone (Bethpage) or computer (Eisenhower) reservation system. Is it me or do theses systems seem rigged? Are there any hints that you are willing to share to get a tee time? Last year Bethpage seemed to purge it's system and I actually got a couple of decent tee times. There were rumors and innundos of multiple driver's licenses and other scams.
Have you heard about them? Are they true? Do the well connected get all the good tee times?
I've heard people complain about scams and preferential treatment for early tee times but quite frankly I don't really understand what the fuss is about. If you want a 7:30 am tee time on a beautiful Saturday or Sunday morning in June, you're basically competing with hundreds of other people who are looking for the same exact thing. If you're flexible with time and course, you can show up at Bethpage in the morning and reserve an open tee time later in the morning or early afternoon -- especially if you're a single or twosome. There have been many times where I've shown up at Bethpage with a friend to play the Green or Blue and found that we could walk right onto the Black or Red if we want.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
It's just the competition for the slots, you can get a weekend time at either place if you ox, dial in the the first few minutes.If you want the first tee time you need to be already dialing in when the clock starts but you can get decent times at BP or EP (9AM, 10AM) with little effort.

By the way I don't know if it's still this way, but at the EP White course last fall they moved the steel yardage markers (foundation and all) to the opposite side on many of the tee boxes. Unfortunately they are facing away from the tee box, hysterical when you consider the money spent, what a county.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM

96 posts, read 187,064 times
Lots of nice private clubs in Nassau of you are picky about tee times

The ones that had a lot of Madoff investors among the membership are looking for new members

Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 PM

I think you are better off with the telephone reservation system at EP from what I have heard, if you want an early weekend tee time.

Also forgot to mentfion many people cancel, sometimes you can catch a break right be the cancel deadline.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 PM

74 posts, read 199,180 times
Default Tee tIme

Bethpages automated system says i have to show up an hour in advance of my tee time. Can i show up a half hour or are they really strict about this? Im not trying to play black. Just taking whatevers available on a friday afternoon.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 PM

61 posts, read 178,646 times
I've met a guy who buys his tee times for bethpage. There're "brokers" who have phone systems that get through and they have a list of licenses so yes, it is rigged. I agree with the previous poster about ep phone systems. They are better. I've also played north woodmere and go around twice. The 9 hole courses have the special where you pay for 9 but can go around as many times as you want. Works for a quick thursday afternooon 18 in 3 hours!

Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 PM

74 posts, read 199,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepycali07 View Post
I've met a guy who buys his tee times for bethpage. There're "brokers" who have phone systems that get through and they have a list of licenses so yes, it is rigged. I agree with the previous poster about ep phone systems. They are better. I've also played north woodmere and go around twice. The 9 hole courses have the special where you pay for 9 but can go around as many times as you want. Works for a quick thursday afternooon 18 in 3 hours!
Where might i find these "brokers"

Old 06-03-2012, 05:54 PM

166 posts, read 313,789 times
You can go to a great website:

Discount Golf Course Tee Times Nationwide - Book Tee Times Online - GolfNow.com

and set up an account with them for free. There are courses all over the country that you can reserve tee times at, including about 30 on Long island (maybe more). You can make a tee time at any of those courses on line. I've even done it for vacations in florida, right from my computer here.It's a nice alternative to what you are describing

Old 06-03-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscrappy View Post
Bethpages automated system says i have to show up an hour in advance of my tee time. Can i show up a half hour or are they really strict about this? Im not trying to play black. Just taking whatevers available on a friday afternoon.
They give you a few minutes after the hour but they will cancel/delay your slot if you go to the half hour before tee time, I know from experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: