Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM

863 posts, read 2,108,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
Have them come to your street corner and give this stuff out if you are so sickened by me and others. Call them up now and tell them. Yeah, didn't think you would! It's a HUGE problem in this area that gets worse by the day.
I am accepting my reprimand upfront just so the forum police know.

You have got to be kidding me. In these times where the line between having a home and having it all one day and having to be on one of those lines because you cannot afford enough food at home is so razor thin you're complaining. Having homeless people(a lot of them just don't have food at home and are not always homeless) in your area will bring down your property value right because rich people like you need to make sure the status qua is normal. I have seen some despicable things on this board but this is at the top of the list. They have not caused any problems and the first thing you can think about is hey get them out of there. I like the not in my backyard attitude, maybe you should stop one day and talk to the people running the place before you just judge, oh by the way the reason why the line is so long is because people are hurting in the economy.

I am truly convinced long island is the place of not in my backyard and I am better than you are. You should find out how many or your neighbors are probably collecting some sort of aid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 03:28 PM

863 posts, read 2,108,255 times
Quote:
Sorry if I am coming across crass to anyone, but I am angry, as are others in the area. I do not deny help to anyone at all, thats certainly not what I am saying here. But do we really need to have this mission come to the area, when there is a homeless shelter at Hope House right down the road. Its as if these missions are trying to keep all the homeless in this area for whatever reason. There are many dangerous homeless here, I see them every day. Search out the thread where one went into my neighbors house. I found out this individual went into 2 houses on the block before the police came and arrested him. There are more problems to the area, but the homeless staying here is IMO the biggest problem. These shelters and missions are trying to make themselves look good but really are barely helping the situation.
It's all part of the conspiracy to bring your property values down. I say you gather others and take up arms and take them down. Maybe they cannot operate next to the shelter. Why are you assuming that everyone on that line is homeless.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:29 PM

414 posts, read 808,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Sorry, but he did not say that they shouldn't be helping out people in that location, he said he didn't want it in his area at all. Big difference in my opinion. I am quite confident if it were happening out of a church in his town, off the beaten path, he would feel the same way.
This spot where they are giving out goods has become a haven for the homeless, they are always hanging out there. This was not always the case. Am I against it in my area? No. Would I prefer it not to be? Of course! I am sure no one here would prefer to have this in there area! If you are not, call up the mission and ask them to move it to your area.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
I am accepting my reprimand upfront just so the forum police know.

You have got to be kidding me. In these times where the line between having a home and having it all one day and having to be on one of those lines because you cannot afford enough food at home is so razor thin you're complaining. Having homeless people(a lot of them just don't have food at home and are not always homeless) in your area will bring down your property value right because rich people like you need to make sure the status qua is normal. I have seen some despicable things on this board but this is at the top of the list. They have not caused any problems and the first thing you can think about is hey get them out of there. I like the not in my backyard attitude, maybe you should stop one day and talk to the people running the place before you just judge, oh by the way the reason why the line is so long is because people are hurting in the economy.

I am truly convinced long island is the place of not in my backyard and I am better than you are. You should find out how many or your neighbors are probably collecting some sort of aid

Rich people like me? Thats the best joke I have heard all day!! Homeless have not caused any problems? 2nd best joke today! Quite obviously you are not from the area, or you'd retract those statements.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
This spot where they are giving out goods has become a haven for the homeless, they are always hanging out there. This was not always the case. Am I against it in my area? No. Would I prefer it not to be? Of course! I am sure no one here would prefer to have this in there area! If you are not, call up the mission and ask them to move it to your area.
I would prefer if there were no homeless people at all. I am sure you feel the same. Unfortuantely there are many people who have lost their homes and have no place to live. To turn your back on them and basically say "Get out of my town" is horrifying and despicable. You proved me right. It isn't the specific location, it's that they are getting help in your town. I hope you are never in their situation and have to feel the wrath of heartless souls like yourself.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:45 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
Rich people like me? Thats the best joke I have heard all day!! Homeless have not caused any problems? 2nd best joke today! Quite obviously you are not from the area, or you'd retract those statements.
And yet you have posts in other threads about taking a trip to Lancaster and Hershey soon and you just put a pool in. You also wrote about bashing someone's head in with a baseball bat. So you must being doing somewhat well financially and obviously think you are better than others. You are quite the human being my friend.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
And yet you have posts in other threads about taking a trip to Lancaster and Hershey soon and you just put a pool in. You also wrote about bashing someone's head in with a baseball bat. So you must being doing somewhat well financially and obviously think you are better than others. You are quite the human being my friend.

Yes I installed a $200 pool, that makes me rich. Yes I am taking my kids on a trip, the first vacation I have had in 15 years. That makes me rich I guess, I am living the good life here!!! Yes, if someone broke into my house you are damn right I would smash them over the head with a bat. You'd welcome them in and make dinner for them I assume? If that makes me a terrible person than I guess I am the bad one here. What a joke some of you folks on here are!

Last edited by veryangry; 06-29-2012 at 08:49 AM..

Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Part of the mythology of the bleeding hearts is that the vagrants wandering around PJS are people who're a victim of the financial crisis, just given a tough break.

Most are single men who are drug addicts, alcoholics, or mentally ill. You don't see homeless families hanging out there because they are able to get housing through government programs. I'm not saying I don't sympathize with them, but if you think it is its a good thing to encourage drug addicts and alcoholics to come to your town, having small children, I tend to disagree with you.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Part of the mythology of the bleeding hearts is that the vagrants wandering around PJS are people who're a victim of the financial crisis, just given a tough break.

Most are single men who are drug addicts, alcoholics, or mentally ill. You don't see homeless families hanging out there because they are able to get housing through government programs. I'm not saying I don't sympathize with them, but if you think it is its a good thing to encourage drug addicts and alcoholics to come to your town, having small children, I tend to disagree with you.

Thank you!

Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,408,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post

I am truly convinced long island is the place of not in my backyard and I am better than you are.
You just figured this out??? Yikes. Welcome to Long Island!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island